Chapter 1

Hi, I'm Amanda Coen! I live in a small, quiet town that I have lived in since I was born! My family is crazy! But we are a tight knit family. I have an older brother named Tyler. Two younger sisters a year apart. Their names are Leah and Caitlyn. And of course, you can't forget my parents, Kirsten and John. I also have a twin sister, named Rebecca! We are best friends, and she is secretly my favourite! I live on an ranch. Pretty big for a small town. All my siblings have their own horse. I especially like that part. Rebecca and I muck out every morning, and put water in the trough.  My favourite is brushing the horses down. Although, that is Leah's job. You must be wondering our ages. Well, I am 16 years old, along with Becca. Leah is 10. Caitlyn is 9. Tyler is 18. Both my parents are 43. My horses name is Minnie. Becca's is Mickey. We did that on purpose. Tyler has a pretty mare, named Quentin. I love that name. Caitlyn has a cute pony, Buttermilk. Leah also has a pony, named Spark, because that pony has some energy! My parents don't have horses though. They prefer to look at them, and ride ours, because sometimes we don't have time to ride them every day. Exercise is super important for a horse. That's why I love jumping. Minnie loves the jumps and her and I have gone really far in jumping championships, but had to quit when something in our family happened. My baby brother was born a year or so ago and he had a bad disease. We tried to treat it, but you know babies can be fragile.He passed after only two months. Everything went down hill from there. My mom has never gotten out of her anger and sadness, so she is a very touchy person most days. Only two modes with her now, either really sad, or angry with the world. We try to make her feel better, but nothing will cheer her up. Tyler spends the most time with mom, as he is a mom's boy. He helps her make dinner, clean the house, and watch all the younger kids. Becca and I are pretty much the ones in our family that stays together every day, all day. Leah and Caitlyn do too, but they fight a lot. That is usually when Tyler cuts in and does this whole apologizing ceremony thing. Welcome to my life!

I woke up yawning, Rebecca on the other side of me. 

"Becca, wake up, time to fill the trough." I shake her body.

"Okay, but 5 more minutes." She groaned. While she was getting her 5 minutes, I was putting on my clothes for the day. I put on my everyday farmer jeans, and a yellow top. Then I slid on my cowboy boots that I have to admit, were pretty dirty.

"Okay Becca, wake up ,let's go, horses to water, and a full day of riding."

"Alright, but only because I can smell bacon and eggs in the kitchen." Becca moaned.

"Yup, Tyler went into town to get supplies, must have grabbed some bacon off the racks."

After Rebecca and I were up and running,we headed to the kitchen for some breakfast.

"Hey sleepy heads, decided to sleep in this morn'n huh?" My dad chuckled.

"Yup, those girls can have extra chores for that." Mom sternly added.

"But mom!" I wined. "I have homework, mucking out, watering the troughs, and have to ride Minnie later!"

"Nope, I don't care, Rebecca you can take all of Caitlyn's chores. Amanda, Leah's chores are now yours!" She firmly added.

"Kirsten, the girls have plenty to do today, cut them some slack on the work, huh?" John, my amazing dad stepped in.

"No John, these girls live on a ranch, work is work. These girls get to choose. What I already implied,Or they can do school all day today and tomorrow."

"Okay, fine, I think we will take the work today." I yawned. Rebecca nodded.

"Okay girlies, wash up!" Mom smiled to Caitlyn and Leah. It wasn't fair, I swear those girls get nothing but attention. But I mean, who couldn't give them attention? They were super sweet girls. They didn't have a mean bone in their body. Well, except for when they fight with each other. And in this family, that got you mom points, when you never talked back with her.