Chapter 3

I made a cup of coffee when it hit lunch. Everyone else was eating grilled cheese sandwiches I had made for lunch. Although, it seems that after cooking meals, I lose my appetite. So, a cup of coffee will probably satisfy me. I pour some hazelnut creamer into the brown substance, and sticking a silver spoon in the cup to blend the sugar and cream together. Next I stuff my feet into the muddy cowboy boots laying on the porch. I was just fast walking down the drive when I noticed a red pick up truck drive up. I squint into the cracked glass. It was Kyle.  I ran my hand down my hair and pulled the bottom of my shirt to straighten it out. Rubbed my hands on my blue jeans, and kicked my boots on the ground to kick off some of the mud. This all happened in the corse of about 30 seconds.

"Hey again, Kyle." I blushed. He slammed his door shut. 

"Hi, Rebecca right?" He smiled big.

"Actually, that's my twin sister. I'm Amanda."  His smile went down a little. Flattering that he smiled at me and thought I was cute, even though I'm not who he thought I was. But I was disappointed he would rather be with my sister, that looks identical to me, and is taken. I mean she is the more girly one, and better with boys, but still. If she is cute and sensible, why am I not?

"Here, I will walk you into the house." I gestured.

"Alright....Amanda."He smiled. I led him into ht main breakfast table near the doorway entrance. 

"Mom, dad, Kyle is here. Do you think I should show him around all the work he will be doing?"

"Sure Amanda! Make sure Rebecca goes with you though." My dad said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, I would rather you two are not alone!"

"Sure I'll come." Becca came from her seat and took his hand in hers. Great, now they're already holding hands, they aren't even together. 

As we strolled to the barn, I was the third wheel, they were laughing in front of me. Still holding hands may I point out.

"Hey why are you guys holding hands?" I blurted out, clearly not meaning to say anything. Rebecca turned, glared. Kyle then turned too.

"Um, I thought she would have told you, we are an item." Kyle pressed his lips to hers. Omg! They are kissing now!

"Oh! No, she didn't tell me actually." But for some reason, he mistook me for my sister! And they are a couple! He is so hot, lot hotter than fire, but apparently they are together. Family comes first, so I can't get in the way. 

"Sorry Mandy, But Kyle and I are too good to be true, why would I want to jinx that?" 

She was probably right. I wouldn't have told her if I had a super hot guy that was mine. What if my guy met her and fell for her instead of me? 

"Yeah, I completely understand Becca." I smiled warmly. 

A few more steps and we were at the worn out barn. I started doing chores the minute I walked in. I grabbed several buckets from stalls, and took them to the large blue pump right outside the backend door. Our barn as pretty simple.  large sliding door at the front and back. 12 stalls to fill it. A huge opening in the middle of the room, full of food, and lots of horse care things. Brushes all lined up on a yellow shelf near the corner. On the side, is a tiny office full of papers and owner manuals and horse adoption papers. There is a dusty loft that only has storage and two full cot beds, for extra stable hands, or help. But because Kyle is Rebecca's Boyfriend, he will probably get our spare room in the house.

I turned backing to the barn to see Rebecca sitting on a stack of piled up blocks of hay. Then I notice Kyle standing, towering over her frail body. They were kissing, and stoping for him to kiss her cheek before going back to lip locking. EW! He was cute when he kissed though. 

Becca stopped, and noticed I was watching in absolute sadness. So of course, she kissed his cheek, and then hopped off the hay. Today she was wearing jean shorts, and her pretty new cowboy boots. Along with her pink checkered shirt. So of course he was kissing her, she was gorgeous like usual. Thank goodness she pushed him away. At least she still cared about her twin sister,Amanda Coen. A sad life girl, wait, a no life girl. With no bae to kiss.  

"Hey Amanda, thanks for getting the water buckets filled. That was my chore. Kyle, Everyday, mucking out the stalls, checking faxes and files, and grooming the horses is a daily do for you to do."

"Well ,then I better start!" Kyle kissed her hand right before going to the maintenance room in the centre, to grab some brushes.

"Becca, What about Braydon? You know, You're boyfriend?" I whispered to her when he excited the area.

"Oh, I broke up wit him, Kyle was nicer, cuter, and Braydon was becoming a jerk."

I thought to myself: He was the jerk? I mean you dumped him for an upgrade. I mean, a hot upgrade, but still, I would have felt worse than a jerk for leaving my boyfriend in the dirt.