A call

Percy's point of view

«-»

I went to school trying to avoid any social activity.

"Hey Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said as I walked up the front steps.

I just ignored her and kept walking.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Fine." I mumbled keeping my head down.

"No Percy, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

She was about to say something when the bell rung signalling the start of school, and I was slightly late.

I managed to go through the day without shedding a tear so far, it was Paul's class now, I zoned out for most of it until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I instantly threw my hand up.

"Yes Percy?" Paul asked.

"Can I take this call?" I asked showing him my vibrating phone. I heard Leo scoff from my right.

"As if he's gonna let you." He whispered.

"Sure, just stay outside the door." Paul said as I stood up and accepted ignoring the fact I was still in class.

"Are you okay?" I asked instantly.

"Fine." Tony said, I let out a sigh of relief as I closed the classroom door.

"Never scare me like that again or I'll take great pleasure in killing you myself."

"Already with the death threats?"

"Just don't scare me like that again."

"I heard you fell asleep while crying."

"Did not." I lied.

"I saw the footage, Percy, you shouldn't get upset like that. It was only a few scratches."

"But the doctor said you might've never woken up, do you have any idea how scared I was? I can't loose anyone else." I let a tear trail down my cheek-soon to be joined by more-remembering all those who died for me, it wasn't fair.

"You've grown up too quickly." He mumbled, "could you come home straight after school, I wanna see you and give you less time to decide my punishment."

"I'm not going to 'punish' you." I said keeping my tone so he wouldn't know that I was crying.

"Rea-"

"I'm just going to hurt you."

"That sounds more like you."

"Well, I gotta go, you know, got school, thinking of ways to hurt you, that kind of thing."

I heard him laugh, "okay, see you soon."

"Bye." I hung up and walked back into class avoiding the weird looks I was getting.

I sat at my seat and buried my head in my hands.

"Percy." Leo said leaning over.

"Mm hm?"

"Why're you crying" He asked.