Our Valentine's Night: Ch. 1

We found ourselves at a table for two, across we sat from each other.

Our eyes couldn't part, that is once they locked.

"Can this evening get any better?"-Joycé asked rhetorically, to her it was just perfect and that made me feel even better-"I mean...this is just...I can't even.."

"Ssssh."-I said placing a finger to her lips, her eyes widened at my touch and her lips puckered-"I wanted this to be special, I'll make the money back...I am a hard worker."

Her eyes lit with admiration while her lips pouted slightly in doubt, I could read her like the back of my hand.

She didn't actually believe I'd be able to afford it but I had it all under control.

"I wish you'd believe me more, I work two jobs and I work them hard."-I stated with a appealing and raspy voice as Joycé sat across from me glaring down at her plate of lobster and fettuccine Alfredo-"I also go out of my way go save up for Jasmine's college funds."

Her expression immediately went from blissful to more of a brooding unsure kind of look, I knew it was because of how much money I had spent that night.

But I did it for her, to make her happy; I knew how much she's always wanted to go somewhere fancy and I was trying to make that happen that night.

But this still seemed to not quench her worried heart, she still didn't find my surprise a very wise financial choice.

And at the time our budget was tight, work was hard to find and I had rent and car notes to pay.

Things for us were just not going as well as we had hoped, I mean a year had passed since I escaped from the Project-X facility and I still hadn't yet recovered from that god forsaken place.

The memories were the worse part, now the money and stuff were second after.

"Can you just relax sweetheart?" I asked arching up a brow and reaching out for her idle hand resting on the table where we sat-"Please...I just want to see you smile."

Her mouth curved into a warm smirk before she answered "I am happy, its just with everything that's been going on as of lately, I fear we may not..."

Immediately I cut her off and said "Why would you fear...when you have me right here with you?"

Her lips curved even more as the spark in her eyes grew brighter, I knew she had her doubts about me and probably thought I'd lose the house and have to spend Jasmine's college savings.

But when it all boiled down to it, deep down inside she knew I would sacrifice my own needs before I would even think to sacrifice theirs.

"Its going to be okay, now eat up..."-I said bringing a hand to her cheek with a soft warming smile as she glared back at me smirking trustingly-"I have a special waiting at home."

She smiled and so did I as I gave her a naughty grin, she blushed hard and looked down at her plate before taking a bite of lobster and sipping some red wine.

After dinner we headed straight home, I pushed open the door telekinetically and carried Joycé right to the bedroom.

To the wall I pinned her, smothering her lips with mine as she raked her finger through my messy hair.