Chapter 1

Sunlight blinded my eyes as they opened. By my surroundings, I appeared to be in an alley. My hand grabbed a pipe, which was connected to a wall, for support as I stood up.

My legs felt like jelly as all my weight went down to my legs. I rested my hand on the brick wall, helping myself stay up as I walked out to a street. My eyes scanned the area. The streets seemed empty... except for an occasional person.

I wandered down the road, my hand still against the walls. Soon I entered a congested area of the street. It seemed like the center of whatever place I am in. There was a fountain in the middle of the area, surrounded by people. There was children playing around and random people talking about who knows what.

I tried to get through the crowd without starting a scene, although it didn't really go as planned. I bumped into this man, causing him to drop a bag he had. Tools and food scattered across the ground, getting lost and kicked around in the crowd of people.

"Hey watch where you're going!!" The man growled. "I-I'm so sorry s-sir...." I stuttered quietly, but not loud enough for the man to here me. "Don't you bratty kids understand how expensive those items were?! You will pay!"

"B-but...." His face showed rage, kinda scaring me.

"But what?" The words choked me, not  wanting to come out. Annoyance also soon showed up on his face with the rage.
"But what?!" He raised his voice this time, causing me to flinch.

"I-i have no m-m-money...." Rage once again took over his expression. "What?!" He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, nearly lifting me off the ground. "I said I have no money." He threw me onto the ground.

He picked me back up, pulling his hand back for a punch. I closed my eyes, waiting for the punch to hit me. But it never came. I felt the hands that was holding on to my shirt was now gone.

My eyes opened to see a teen boy, with black hair in the bed hair style, standing between me and the man. His hands were up, trying to tell the man to not punch me... I think...

"Woah woah! Man! Watch it!" The man cocked his head to the side, lowering his hand. He just stared at the teen with annoyance, probably deciding if he should do something about him.

"Ok, sir, be nice. You don't treat people who accidentally bump into you like that." The man raised an eyebrow. "And why should I listen to a stupid 14 year old?"

"Hey! First, I'm 15. And two! It's basically the golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated!" The man snickered.

"What?" The teen asked, a tint of annoyance in his voice.
"When was the last time anyone considered to follow that rule?" The teen looked down at the ground, staying silent.

"That's what I thought. Now get out of the way kid...." The man tried to push the boy out of the way, but the boy just stomped on his foot. The man screamed out in pain, pulling back his arm to punch the teenage boy. "Come on, let's go!" He grabbed my wrist as the man pulled back, now leading me through the crowd.

"GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARDS!!!!"

HEY!! REVISED CHAPTER ONE!! ALTHOUGH THE PART IN THE FOREST WILL BE IN NEXT CHAPTER FOR THOSE PAST READERS!! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! BYE!