Same. Punk Niall AU

Niall's POV:

I walked down the street with my phone in my hand and a shopping bag in the other. The brisk air hit my skin and I shivered slightly. I looked up to see when I could walk across the intersection I was stopped at currently. Something caught my eye though, a flicker of purple hair blowing in the breeze from a few feet away. The woman's hair was beautiful. She was dressed in black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket, a pair of all black high-top converse on her feet. Around her neck was a scarf adorned with skulls. I stepped forward a few feet to see her profile. She was tan with dimples and a nose piercing. She had full lips and her cheekbones were perfect. I studied the full eyelashes and dark makeup on her face. I studied every part of her profile before she noticed me looking and turned her head, catching my eye. Our eyes met and I couldn't look away from her vibrant blue and green eyes. Literally, one was ice blue, the other a mossy green. She smiled a shy smile and looked back to the street. I thought about going up to her and finally decided to do it.

I took a few steps to her and smiled, "Hey, I'm Niall." she looked back towards me and smiled again. I could look at her smile all day.

"Hey! I'm Destri. Great to meet you Niall," she said to me. I smiled back at her.

"Great to meet you too! So anyway, I was wondering. Do you maybe want to go get some coffee, Destri?" I asked.

She nodded, "of course I would! Right now, yeah?" she said in her American accent. You don't hear too many of those here in London.

"Yeah, right now," I replied. She nodded again and I smiled. "Cool, there's this really good coffee shop a few blocks right, let's go."

She turned and started walking down the street, me trailing behind. I quickly caught up and we walked next to each other, our hands touching every few steps. I saw the sign to the coffee shop and ushered her inside. I took off my jacket, exposing my arms that were covered in tattoos. I rested my jacket on the seat of a booth and scooted in, Destri doing the same and sitting across from me. I looked at the tattoos that littered her arms as well. We both looked at the menu together and figured out what we wanted.

"So Niall. Why'd you invite me to get coffee?" She asked.

"Well, your hair caught my eye, and then I saw your face, and then I decided that I had to talk to you, and then I felt that I had to get to know you better, and now we are here," I explained to her. She nodded.

"I see. Well thanks!" she said to me. I smiled at her and pulled my lip ring in between my teeth. The waiter came over and took our orders, me getting a latte and her getting a frozen mocha.

"It's way cold out, why are you getting a frozen drink? you silly goose," I said, making her laugh. Her laugh was the most perfect sound. I smiled widely. I hope I can be the source of that laugh forever.

"I still like frozen drinks. Sometimes, I'm really not in the mood to be warm," she responded.

"I get that feeling sometimes too. So Destri, why are you in London?" I asked her.

"Well, I always wanted to move here, so when I turned 18, I packed up and left," she answered. "So Niall, why are you in London, you Irishmen?"

"Well, same reason as you, I guess. And more opportunities," I said to her. She nodded and the waiter came back with our drinks.

"Thank you!" she said to the waiter. He nodded and walked away. She took a sip of her drink and smiled. Oh god, she was adorable. She looked up at me and laughed when she noticed my staring.

"What?" she asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. "Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?!"

"No, not at all. You're just stunning, Destri. Absolutely beautiful," I said. She blushed and looked down at her drink, taking another sip.

"You're pretty handsome yourself, Niall," she said. I blushed and looked down at my latte and took a drink. "And you're a sweetheart."

"Only to you," I said to her.

She rolled her eyes, "yeah right. You're probably a sweetheart to any girl you think is pretty."

"Nope. I mean, I'm not mean to them, I just don't talk to them unless they're my friends," I said, "but you are an exception, you're stunning. So I had to talk to you." I met her blue and green eyes and she smiled.

"So Destri, do you wear contacts?"

"I don't actually. I have this thing called Heterochromia Iridium. It makes your eyes different colors," she explained.

"Oh my god, that's amazing. Your eyes are gorgeous. Just like the rest of you," I said to her.

"Okay Prince Charming, stop making me blush," she replied, still blushing. I laughed loudly and she started laughing. "Oh my god, your laugh is great! Keep laughing!"

"Don't make fun of my laugh!" I told her, laughing through it.

"Oh geez. You're so cute!" she said to me.

My face fell, causing hers to. "I am not cute. I'm tough. Puppies are cute. I'm like a lion, not a puppy," I said. I could tell she was trying to hold back her laughter. I finally broke down and started laughing, causing her to laugh.

"Okay my lion. You're not cute. You're tough. Incredibly tough. I apologize for calling you cute," she joked. We talked for a few more minutes before an older lady came up to our table.

"May I just say, I think you two are an absolutely amazing couple. I've been here for a while and you guys are just adorable," the old lady said to us.

"Oh thanks, but-" Des started to say before I cut her off.

"Thank you! it means a lot," I said to the old lady. She smiled and said her goodbyes, walking away.

"Why'd you tell her we're a couple?" she asked.

"We could be, one day. hopefully soon," I answered.

"We'll just have to see," she said, winking and smiling. "Anyway, my best friends birthday party is later today. Do you want to come with me maybe?"

"Well, I'll have to check my schedule.. Oh wait, I don't have one. Of course I'll come with you!" I answered. Her smile lit up her face.

"Yay! I'm so excited. Alright, I'll give you my number and text you the address!" she said, happily. "Alright, well it starts at 8:30 and it's 6:30 right now, so I should probably go and get ready. Do you want me to pick you up later?"

"Sure, here's my address," I said as I typed it into her phone.

"Alright! Thanks for the great time, Niall! You're such a sweetie! I'll pick you up around 8:00, be ready! and there will be drinks at the party, so no need to bring any!" Se rushed, standing up and putting on her jacket after putting her number in my phone and texting hers.

"Okay Goregeous, I'll see you in a little bit," I said, standing up and hugging her, then quickly kissing her on the cheek. She wrapped her scarf around her neck and then rushed out the door, waving. I left the money on the table and put on my leather jacket. I thanked the waiter and made my way into the cold air and to my flat. I unlocked the door and walked to my bedroom. I got into the shower and quickly washed myself. I got out after a few minutes and walked into my closet. I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a Misfits t-shirt. I did my hair and took out my lip ring, switching it for a stud.

Throughout this whole thing, I couldn't get Destri out of my head.