Double Date with a Dullahan: Part 1

"Celty-san!!~<3"

Shinra's voice grew louder as he approached her with arms ready to embrace.

Sorry, but not now Shinra. Celty shifted a few inches sideways, her headless body still facing the T.V.

A thud and some clacking were all she could render outside her focus on the screen.

"Awwwww," Shinra whined. He was sprawled across the floor. His head aching where he bounced it off the coffee table.

He looked up at Celty with the look of a sad puppy.

The channel ended. She turned to Shinra, and with a start, noticed he was lying on the floor.

Out of reflex, she slipped her phone out of her sleeve in one quick motion and began to type frantically.

-Shinra!! Are you okay?-

His watery eyes lit up and his smile was loving.

"Always with Celty-san~" he sang, and suddenly jumped on to her, clinging around her middle.

She was lucky at times like this that she didn't have a head, she couldn't bare to let him see it a time like this. A strange tingling burned in her chest.

Shinra started to rub his cheek on her stomach affectionately and the tingling subsided to unbearable embarrassment.

She wrapped her shadows around his midsection and lifted him up in the air away from her before throwing him onto the couch. Maybe a little to forcefully, she fret. But she held him there to allow herself to recover for a few seconds.

"Celty-san~" he whined, tears returning. "Let me go, please."

You will just hug me again.

There was a knock on the door. Unlike Shinra, it brought a sigh of relief to her.

But not just that. She wondered who it would be turning up to her house this time.

She abandoned Shinra to his disappoint and went to go see who it could be.

Of course, it never failed to be the person she least expected it to be.

Varona stood before her motionless, but she had an air of awkwardness around her.

Her mouth was set into a small frown as her lilac eyes locked on Celty, in a moment of silence.

She pulled up her phone.

-?-

Celty tilted her head when she got no reply.

-Were you looking for Shizuo?-

Varona's cheeks turned a light shade of pink and her frown deepened.

"I want to thank Senpai," she said, her Russian accent still stood out clearly in her in the Japanese she spoke.

-Shizuo?-

"Affirmative." She pulled out several empty drink cans from her bag. "For these."

Celty grew confused. She wondered what vending machine drinks had to do with anything.

"I must find a way to repay my debt to him."

-Is there something you needed my help with?- asked Celty. She wasn't sure what she was going to do but if it was about Shizuo she supposed she could lend her a hand somehow.

"You are his friends so I was wondering if there were any enemies of Senpai that I could eliminate for him." She spoke calmly like she was asking what kind of present he would like.

Celty's fingers worked on the keypad.
-I could think of one person... but maybe killing someone for a few cans of drink is a little too much-

To Celty's relief it looked like Varona was considering it.

"Hm... I agree. Taking one's life may not be of equal value to a collogues small offer. I must reconsider."

"What about a date!" Cried an enthusiastic  voice.