Double Date with a Dullahan: Part 3

"Eh? Shinra, you're here too, with Celty."

Shizuo's voice was low and rough. It was no wonder why people would feel intimidated by him.

"Yes, Celty and I were hoping to have a lunch date together," said Shinra.

He was talking in his formal state, polite and lot less excessive. It was a much easier to handle him this way but he always seemed a little more distant which, she hated to admit, made her a little sad.

"Oh, then I hope I won't get in your way then," Shizuo said.

A hint of normal Shinra rose as he grew over excited. "Actually we're all having a double da- Ahhhhhhhh!!"

"Lets go in," said Varona, walking passed Shinra towards the Russia Sushi restaurant. The others followed in pursuit.

Shinra cried as he grabbed his foot which had just been crushed by Varona's boot.

"Sushi, Russia sushi. Is good to eat," Simon greeted them as they entered.

Dennis stood behind the counter, his sunken eyes focused on the chef's knife he was sharpening.

Sitting at the kotatsu, Shinra shared a few stories of his and Shizuo's high school days. Celty watched Shizuo grit his teeth every time Izaya Orihara was mentioned.

Varona sat quietly the entire time, analysing the two of them. In fact, it was Shinra who was doing most of the talking while Shizuo made a few short remarks or grunts.

Celty didn't do much, just stare at the sushi and listen to Shinra chat away, but she didn't mind it this way.

It was then that a man dressed in black with a coat lined with fur entered the Russia Sushi restaurant looking very pleased with himself.

Simon's voice bellowed as he went to greet his new customer. "Hello, eat some su-."

"Yo, Shizuo-chan."

Shizuo looked up, his features turning dark. Through gritted teeth he sneered, "IzaaYAAAA!!"

He started walking to towards the grinning man with his fist raised above his head ready to punch him out the door.

Celty placed her hand on her helmet and shook. Shinra was standing a safe distance away with a smile that pleaded 'this had nothing to do with me'.

Shizuo swung but Izaya was too fast and slipped out of the way. There was a flash and Celty saw a small knife appear in his hand.

Shizuo tripped, probably on Izaya's foot, and caught himself against a table before he could fall to the ground. However, not without sending a few things smashing to the ground.

When he turned around, a thin red line appeared across his cheek and his eyes burned with anger.

A foot flashed by Izaya's face but he dodged it last second, pushing it away, but as soon as he did that a fist came flying for him. It just clipped his chin as he jumped back from Varona who was standing in front of him now in a fighting stance.

Izaya grinned deviously.

For the first time that day Celty saw Varona smile. Her eyes were filled with a mixture of childlike excitement and murderous intent.

It sent shivers down Celty's spine before she noticed it was Shinra tickling her back as he hid from the fight.

Celty sighed inwardly.