Double Date with a Dullahan: Part 4 (end)

"Ohh, am I interrupting your date?" His flipped the knife with one smooth movement of his fingers, playfully.

Varona looked slightly abashed by the comment.

"IZAYAAAAA!!" roared Shizuo.

I should probably do something...

Shizuo went in for a punch while Varona closed in from the side with a leg. Izaya, trapped between the two, smirked.

Before either of them could land a fatal blow Simon stepped in.

"Make peace, no fighting," he said cheerfully, gripping Shizuo's raised wrist in one hand and Varona's ankle in the other with enormous strength.

Varona said something in Russian to which Simon replied in a calm voice, making her leg slacken and her face return to normal.

Simon released his grip and she stepped down. Shizuo followed reluctantly and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

Izaya hummed some sort of small tune.

Dennis came out from behind the counter, knife still in hand. He pointed it at Izaya.

"If you aren't going to buy anything then leave," he said in a monotone voice.

Izaya shrugged and turned to leave. At the door, he glanced over his shoulder at Shizuo. "Then I'll see you next time, Shizuo-chan."

Celty let her shoulders relax.

"Well that wasn't as disastrous as it could have been," Shinra sighed in relief.

...

Varona walked beside Shizuo down the street in silence.

"Gomen."

Varona looked at him sideways.

"I made a mess even when you went through all that trouble," he continued.

Varona shook her head. "Negative. Difficulties  are a common occurrence within Senpai's presence, a backup plan was only necessary."

Shizuo chuckled and took out a cigarette.

"I guess that's true... I should thank you."

"Negative. There is no need our differences have been paid off."

Shizuo raised an eyebrow.

"Wha-." A bike rider flew by and clipped the strap of Varona's bag. It dropped to the ground, its contents scattering across the pavement.

Varona gasped and went to one knee, snatching up the empty cans and stuffing them back into her bag.

Shizuo bent to grab one that had rolled over to his feet.

"Don't!" cried Varona, snatching it from him.

She snapped her head away before he could see it turn red.

Shizou looked at the cans peaking from her bag and let out a sigh of smoke from his cigarette.

He patted her head. "I think I understand."

Varona blushed.

-

Celty slumped on the couch in front of the T.V., finding peace once more. Shinra dropped beside her.

"Ahhh, what a day. But at least I got to spend it with Celty-san~"

Celty flicked the T.V. on to the discovery channel where they were featuring urban myths. She got nervous at the when she wondered if she could be living among vampires and werewolves. But they're just myths aren't they?

"I don't get to go on enough dates with Celty-san," Shinra said softly, snapping her out of her worry.

Her chest tingled again but this time she didn't resist.

She slumped against his shoulder taking in its warmth. Sometimes just a tiny bit she wished she had her head back just so she could kiss him.

Her fingers found her phone,
-Don't say such embarrassing things-

Shinra smiled at her.

——
Notes:
This story took me a bit longer than expected to write and, as I've recently discovered, I am terrible at writing short stories. Sorry for making it too long~

For those of you who haven't watched the anime (you know who you are (p_-) im watching you...) you should go watch it and here is a very brief description of the characters.

Celty - is a fairy known in Irish myth as a Dullahan, it's a headless humanoid creature that rides around on a black horse, or in Celty's case a black motorbike. Since she doesn't have a head she types messages on her phone and shows them to people to communicate. She's known as the 'Black Rider' or 'The Headless Rider' and works as a underground porter.

Shinra - is Celty's partner, he met her when he was a kid and helped his father dissect her immortal body ~yea a little weird way to meet someone. He works as an underground doctor and lives in an apartment with Celty.

Shizuo - is known as the strongest man in Ikebukuro because of his abnormal strength which is often demonstrated when he throws around cars and vending machines or rips out telephone poles to wield as clubs. He has a very short temper and hates violence ~which greatly contradicts his actions. He also really hates Izaya for reasons.

Varona - is a Russian assassin who was sent to Ikebukuro for a certain contract. After events she ended up working with Shizuo as a bodyguard for a debt collector named Tom. Her favourite thing is killing and she was trained to fight by Simon and Dennis years ago when she was a kid.

That was just the four main ones of this story, you'll probably learn a bit more about Izaya soon... hopefully.

Anyway, thank you for reading this. I hope you enjoyed it <3

I write too much... (-。-;