Girl Meets Boy Contest Response - Raffina

In the stories O.gee used to tell me, the gentlemen would ask the gentlelady if she'd like to be escorted by him to a social event or place of meeting. Though awkward to me that the gentlemen was expected to pursue, I have always been fascinated by that classic time period. Universal History Class is still my favorite. Secretly, I wish that's how it worked in these times. Gentleboy's make it so hard. I'd say yes to any gentleboy who had the prowess to persue!

I'm late for Instruction. I turn to go and before me stands Dillenger. My puls increases. He seems more confident than usual today.

"You look pretty happy today," I say.

I feel red. What a silly thing to say. Oh he glows like a star. Handsom. In control. I feel what O.gee describes as "Butterflys". I feel anxious yet enthrawled with the feeling. I feel like we are the only two people in the hallway, or the universe for that matter. He's beautiful.

"I am. It's a pretty great day." He shifts his gaze around at the crowd. Am I loosing his attention?

"Wanna go out?" He asks in a mild whisper only for my ears to hear. I'm stunned. I just... stare at him. A little longer. I want to react. I speak.

"Sure." My brain tells my mouth to smile. I smile. He looks confused.

"I mean like on... like on a date type thing?" He stammers out.

"Yeah I got that," I say with a nurvouse giggle.

We see each other, our eyes speaking and that's all that's needed in this moment. He's classic and I like him... a lot.