strange dreams

(Through the eyes of Nyx Mitexi, the darkness child.)

Darkness
The darkness child has the ability to fill any space with darkness, and an aura of emptiness. She can create and manipulate mist at will. She is known to be very mysterious and charismatic, and is the rebel of the ten teens. Because of her notorious reputation, the darkness child is greatly dishonored by the scientists.

The italicized words are all part of Nyx's dream. If it's not in italics, even if it's in the middle of a ton of words that are, it's not part of it. Also, the dream is in the third person, while the last part is not. That was my mistake, so I just worked with what I had written.

***

"Child number nine. Six years of age. Female."

Officials, scattered beside an entrance to a building--one that appeared small but seemed to have an underground portion--let the information about the newly located Earth Child seep into their curious minds. They impatiently waited for more news from the robust, middle-aged man to continue with his loud speaking, wide eyes fixed on their boss.

"Could it be? Another one?"

Whispers spread around the crowd like wildfire, excited expressions appearing on the faces of many.

He cleared his throat, pausing for a moment to arrange what he was going to say, before speaking again.

"The girl has brown hair, a little bit reddish. Large brown eyes, and very short for her age. Rather underweight, as well. The police have notified us that she was last seen attempting to escape the Lost Children Shelter where she was kept, in Daytona, Florida. Apparently, someone reported a sighting of a possible supernatural being--her--and saw a stream of mist come from her hand. Upon touching the mist, the reporter began to feel different, strangely empty and filled with fear somehow. Whoever this person was, who turned her in, will most certainly be bathing in reward money."

Once again, conversation erupted from the officials. Finding another Earth Child to them was almost like winning an Olympic gold medal, or a lottery. It was so important to them that they were pretty much clapping and cheering, enjoying themselves as if they had become youthful and vibrant once again, despite looking all sharp in their flawless white outfits.

"Alright. The partying can happen later. I promise I'll take you guys to Outback Steakhouse when the new kid arrives here, if we can even get out of Death Valley."

"Bloomin' onions!" someone shouted, obviously looking forward to the delicious food he could get later on.

"Okay, we might not actually get to Outback Steakhouse. We will still need to get her settled in and put in her quarantine before we do anything else. And first, they need to fly her over here. Besides, I would feel bad for the restaurant workers, trying to serve all of us hungry people," the boss said.

"A group has been sent to capture the Earth Child, and since air travel has gotten much faster over the years, you'll see a plane flying overhead soon."

-

"W-Why are you taking me?! I wanna stay here!" little Nyx screeched, tears pouring from her eyes like miniature waterfalls.

"I'm sure you don't really want to stay at the Lost Childen Shelter. You were trying to make a run for it earlier today. Are you scared of the plane ride? I know it's hard for young kids like you, but it'll only be a short time before we get there..." a young man reassured, placing his hand gently onto her shaking shoulder. He blatantly did not understand what Nyx meant, failing to perceive the reason why she was so afraid.