two.

Ivy Jones

— — — — — — — — — "Good morning my little children! Are you guys ready to learn something new today?" I asked my class

— — — — — — — — —
"Good morning my little children! Are you guys ready to learn something new today?" I asked my class.

They were all so energized this morning and ready to learn. I loved these kids as if they were my own. If anything I was more ready for my own than anyone else but I could definitely wait on having one. I love kids but they come with a lot.

"Good morning Ms. Ivy! We can't wait to learn!" They all replied back.

"Great! Well today we will be learning how to write ABC's again and little ABC's. Can anybody tell me what the little ABC's are?" I looked around the classroom waiting for someone to raise their hand.

"Well, my uncle and mommy old me that little ABC's were just baby ABC's and that the big ABC's were the mommy's and daddy's." One of my lowkey favorite students, Gianna, said. She was so tiny and pretty and she loved to learn. Both she and her mother were such sweet things. Not to mention, Gianna was a little chocolate drops just like I was.

"Very good Gianna! So come my little Einstein's, go to your desk and get your workbooks out. Don't forget the what and what?" I questioned them.

"The pencil and eraser!" They shouted back. I gave them a thumbs up and walked to the workbook board.

"So you guys know how to write the big ABC's already right?" I looked around and seen many head nods and some little thumbs up. I smiled and started tracing the big ABC's.

"So now, you guys will learn the baby ABC's," I finished writing them and put a big bubble around the letters. "The baby ABC's are a little bit different so pay close attention. If you need help just raise your hands." I told them. It was easy to get some of the lowercase letter mixed up with some of the others. For example, g and p or m and n.

"Follow after me little ones. I want you guys to trace the little letters just like how I trace them okay?"  I asked them cheerily. With a bunch of head nods, I proceeded. Once I was finished, I told them to do it on their own and ask for help when needed. As expected, they got a little confused on some of the letter that looked alike.

"Ms. Ivy? I can't do it. I don't know how to." One of my students, Alex, said. Hearing the word I can't, the entire class did a dramatic gasp which made Alex realize his mistake.

Gianna looked over to him and said, "Alexie we do not say I can't in here and you know this. We can do anything we put our minds to if we try hard." I smiled over at her for calling him Alexie and reminding him of our rules. While she gave a thumbs up to Alex, I walked over to him and crouched down.

"Do you need my help buddy?" I asked slowly and quietly. He nodded and seemed like he wanted to cry but I gave him a hug and told him that it was okay.

"Don't cry buddy. I can help you okay? First, you make a circle. Then you make a tail with curl on the end on the right side. I want you to keep practicing the little g okay? We need big g to have his baby or he's going to be lonely. You don't want him to be lonely do you?" I asked.