:explaining:

Without giving Esme a second glance, Luka ran over to me. He embraced me, wrapping his strong arms around my waist. All my hurt and betrayal melted away in his arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered into my hair. "I know." I breathed, butterflies in my stomach taking away my breath.

When we pulled apart, our faces were so close. We stayed like that for seconds. His eyes searched my face, trying to understand what I was feeling. He was interrupted by Esme erupting in a torrent of foul language and threats. "Esme, will you please shut up." Luka ordered. Esme stood there in stony silence. Her mouth opened and then closed again like a puppet. She was so shocked. Luka had never stood up to her like this before.

When he turned back to me, I watched Esme as she stormed off into the distance, the heals of her ankle boots assaulting the tiled floor. "Uh, guys, sorry but I'm.. Uh be right back." Gina struggled to come up with a reason for leaving us so that Luka could explain what had happened. "Haha see you in a min G" Luka chuckled.

"So I guess you're thinking that I'm a total dick?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. His lips pulled into a smirk when I opened my mouth but nothing came out. "Ok, so that's a yes then" I laughed. "This is the part where I say, It's now what it looks like. But it actually isn't." Then he calmly explained how he was in Jack wills and Esme came up behind him when he was paying. She wouldn't leave him alone and kept trying to flirt with him. They were getting the same bus back so that's why they were walking together.

"Ok I get that, but the only thing that doesn't add up." I said "is that we asked you to come shopping with us and you snuck into town without us." I challenged him, smirking as he squirmed under my gaze. "Well... Um. I kind of wanted to get a new shirt, just like you girls." He gestured to Gina, kicking at the ground a little way down the way. "Bought your dresses. I wanted a new shirt to look nice for Gina's party and to...To um...impress you." He said nervously, scratching at the back of his neck before he let his hand drop to his side. "Because I like you Hannah." I could hear Gina release a little squeal from where she was waiting.