Inevitable

The once booming and brightly coloured house was now a mere shadow of what it once was. You walk up to the porch and gently push on the door, but that was all it needed to give way and smash to the floor.

You wince but you don't back out. You continue your journey into the house. The deadly fight that had been held here was still noticeable as the walls had holes, scorches of magic or just blood.

You continue to walk, whimpering as nostalgia over takes you. You continue to glance at the walls, hearing their voices.

----

"Anival you must stop this!"

"I DON"T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT WIPE YOUR FACE OFF OF THE ENTIRE WORLDS!!!"

"I won't allow you to harm my friends!"

"WHAT YOU ALLOW IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT I CAN DEMAND!!!"

----

The cackling screams and howls of pain seep into the very depths of your mind, and you begin to run. Though you weren't fully present at the scene you remember showing up at the last minute. A grave mistake, you now realise.

----

"Lavinia, what's going on!?!?" You yelled, jumping through the open window and landing between a brawl.

"JOSEPHINE GET OUT!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!!" Lavinia shouted, more firm than anything she'd ever said her whole life.

Her body was covered in blood and injuries and she trembled with every step. Her eyes kept focus on both you and Anival, who was clearly showing her own share of bruises. Anival turned and smirked as she held her hand up, black matter began to spark to life in the very palm, and she aimed it at you.

"NO!! STAY AND ENJOY YOUR EARLY DEATH!!!"

"LAVINIA I'M SCARED!!!" You cried beginning to back away.

"YOU SHOULD BE, JOSIE!!!" Anival bawls, her eyes locked onto you as she begin to throw the ball in your direction.

You froze, not being able to move an inch as the bawl began to move closer..... and closer...

"NO!! JOSEPHINE LOOK OUT!!!" Lavinia screamed as she kicked you out of the way, before the ball could even touch you.

"LAVINIA WHAT ARE YOU- AHHHH!!!" You shrieked, turning as you hit the floor. You glance up at Lavinia, who had saved you from the ball.

----

It was a shame, she couldn't have saved herself.

Your tears run down your face, as you begin to open each door, trying to find any signs of life here.

Nothing. Each door you open, has happy memories that are now faded to depressed ones.

There is only one door left.

You mind begins to fight you, telling you to just go back and say you couldn't find anything. But your heart counters, reminding you that it's not just about how you feel.

Shivering, rest you hand upon the ice cold, gold-plated door handle.

You open it.

-----------------

Stay Smokin~