Chapter 1: Amara Parker

Amara's head is throbbing so hard when the sun started hitting her eyes. She covered her eyes with a pillow and tried to sleep again when suddenly, the bombarding sound of her phone's alarm goes on. She fumbled for her phone and lazily tapped the snooze button. She looked at the ceiling and started sighing long and deep.

I'm just too lazy today to get up. She thought. She shifted and shifted on her bed, trying to sleep again when her alarm goes on again.

"Ugh!!!" she exasperatedly hit the snooze button again. Why does it have to be morning again?! angry morning thoughts started whirling around her head.

After a minute, she unlocked her phone, turned off the snoozing alarm, and finally got out of the bed. With her oversized sweater, she dragged herself downstairs to the quite
kitchen to prepare her breakfast. Spreading the warmth of her feet on the wooden floor, her corgi, Fish, started licking her feet and jumping for food.

"Okay okay! Calm down, Fish!" She smiled at her dog and gave him his bowl of dog food

"Okay okay! Calm down, Fish!" She smiled at her dog and gave him his bowl of dog food. Out of nowhere, she picked one of the tiny dog food and popped it in her mouth. Only the sound of her neighbor's rooster is echoing inside the two-story house.

When she realized what she's done, she immediately reached for the faucet and washed her mouth what i were thinking?! Oh my gosh i didn't know it tasted THIS bad. Now i know why I'm not a dog.

While silently eating her scrambled eggs, cooling her hot cup of chocolate, and sketching the busy road visible from her kitchen's glass doors, a knock from her door startled her. She got up and went to her front door, after looking through the peephole, she happily opened the door.

"Uncle!" she greeted the man standing at her welcome mat a hug.

"Hey! You look good, darling." His uncle also enveloped her in a warm hug. "I'm sorry I just moved in. I'm really sorry."

Amara moved back a little and looked at her uncle Benjamin in the eye. "Hey! No need for an apology! It's really okay." Her uncle patted her head.

"You should move in our house, you know." he said.

"Nope. I'll stay here." She said while gesturing her uncle to get in. his uncle sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen counter while Amara is preparing another plate of food for her uncle. "By the way, where is your house?"

"Hey! I just ate." His uncle pointed at the house next to hers; visible from the glass door. "There. Just beside your house. That's why i want you to move out of here so that you'll never have to pay the bills."

"Nope. I'm really okay." Amara sighed. She put back the plate and just poured a cup of coffee. Then she sat down beside her uncle and gave him his coffee that he gratefully accepted. "I just," she looked out the glass doors then to her living room. "I want to feel my family. Whenever I'm here, it just feels like we're complete," She looked at her uncle. "I'm complete."

"If that's what you want then," He took a sip of his coffee and looked at the house.

"So." Amara took a sip of her cold hot chocolate. "Is Sandra with you?"

"Oh" her uncle laughed a bit. "If the reason you don't wanna move to my house is because of Sandra, darling, don't worry." He sighed. "I am with Anna, now."

"Oh." So he really broke up with his previous bitch wife. But, Anna? I don't know who is she.

"Well," her uncle got up from his seat preparing to leave. "I still have a lot of arranging and cleaning to do. Thanks for the coffee and I really do hope you visit us." Amara also got up and hugged her uncle.

"Yeah, sure. After school, maybe?"

Her uncle headed to the front door, "you know, I'm really glad I'm not with Sandra anymore." He sighed then smiled. "Anna is just a wonderful woman, you know? She changed my life. I don't actually mind her kids; they're great kids and, "he paused and laughed. "I'm sorry for blabbering but you get my, "

"Yes, uncle! I get it! No need to explain. I'm not judging you!" she hugged her again and shoved him outside the house. "I'll drop by to your house later okay? Nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you again, sweetheart." Amara waved goodbye. She went back inside the house and put her moleskine sketchbook inside her backpack then went to her university.

Kids. I hope uncle is not getting stressed from those kids.