Chapter 2: What A Shocker.

Her 20 minute walk to school always calms her. The sidewalk is just so familiar that even she lose her sight, she could still arrive wherever she wants to be. Scattered fallen golden leaves lying everywhere; following the direction of the wind, following her footsteps. It's just a perfect scenario for Amara to sketch. Even though she sketches every walk to school, she never gets tired of doing it. She always thinks that every day is different that's why she tries to put it in drawing; like a documentary.

She finally arrived at the university and went straight to the lockers to get her stuff for her calculus class. While fumbling through her locker, at the corner of her eye, she saw the group of fuckboys currently hitting on a new girl. When will their dicks will fall off? I can't wait.

With her usual dress and cardigan outfit, she still looks different today compared yesterday. Wondered Fort to himself leaning on the wall beside the stairs. It's the usual noisy hallway again. Students are preparing for their classes. It's already his third year in college and he's still a fuckboy.

"Yes. If you need ANY help," Fox spoke, offering his help to the freshman girl. "I would gladly help you." He added a wink then Joaquin nudged him playfully.

A woman coming from the basement ascends from the stairs. Mrs. Sanchez is struggling to climb upstairs with a stack of research papers. As the goody student, Fort approached her and offered help.

When the two has gone out of sight Fox shook his head. "Is he trying to get into her pants?"Joaquin started laughing so hard that the hallway is filled with his noise.

"Shit, man" he still can't stop laughing. "That is funny, really." After collecting himself they started walking towards their first class: calculus.

"But he's not gonna do it, right?" Fox asked him in a serious manner.

Joaquin stopped and cocked his head to Fox with an are-you-serious face. "Dude, what the hell?" Fox also stopped.

"What?" he is now really confused.

"He's not gonna do it. 'Kay?" they started walking again. "He only plays with students." They finally made it to the room; it is already cramped but people know that there are seats that they can't take which are their spots. They comfortably seated themselves at the back while waiting for Fort and Professor Collins.

The room went quite when Amara entered the room. Not minding the sudden silence, she just sat down at her usual spot near the door and started scribbling on her notebook.

The noise in the room slowly comes back, the people around her started greeting her, even the ones just arriving. She's greeting them back then gets back to looking down at her notebook. What is this girl? Joaquin asked himself.

Fort entered the room soaked with sweat. The room went silent again but he didn't mind it, he is panting and staggered toward his seat between Joaquin and Fox.

"Whoa!" he wailed. "I did not expect that I would be climbing the stairs for six times." Professor Collins entered the room with a serious aura and everyone scrambled to their seats.

"Continue being a good boy and you might climb the stairs 30 more times." Joaquin whispered to Fort.

"Bring out ¼ piece of paper," Collins started scribbling 8:00-8:30 on the board. "We're going to have a quick quiz." The room was filled with exasperated and disappointed cries of students. "It's only one question!" he protested and started writing the problem on the board.
-------------
Now, it's the final subject of the day, Community Service. It's another boring two hours for Fort and his friends. The bell rang and Professor Lockhart announced to group themselves into three or four and gave the activity for the day. Fort, Joaquin, and Fox chose to be grouped together. While students are busily working with the activity, Amara entered the room holding a hot water bottle on her head. When she noticed that everyone is working as a group, she approached the professor.