4. This is my dad

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious.

_

I woke up really early early, took a shower and did my way to the grocery store. I bought some fruits, eggs, cheese, juice and did my way to Macy's apartment. I called her to tell her that I was downstairs and she came to open my door.

"Good morning." She said with a big smile.

"Guten morgen." I said giving her a hug.

"What do you have there?" She asked while we were going upstairs.

"Breakfast." I said shaking the bag and she laughed.

"Is she awake?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, it's too early." She said.

"Right. So, at what time she's going to the kinder?" I asked.

"9:00 am." She said.

I checked the clock on the wall and it was 7:00 am. So I have plenty time to organize myself and prepare a tasty breakfast to the both of them. I wanted to be helpful around since Macy had to deal with this kind of stuff alone in the past, but not anymore.

"Great. I have time to make her breakfast." I whispered.

MACY POV

"Right. So, at what time she's going to the kinder?" He asked placing the bag of food on the table.

"9:00 am." I replied while collecting some of her dolls that were all over the living room and throwing them in the toy boxes.

"Great. I have time to make her breakfast." He whispered to himself but I heard him and smiled.

"Okay, so I am doing some laundry." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, sure. I am making her breakfast." He said and I moved my head aside. I watched him as his nervousness grew with each passing second finding himself locked in the kitchen and wandering around guessing where the kitchen instruments were.

"Are you?" I asked smiling, enjoying myself in that sweet moment. 

"Yeah, is that ok?" He asked a bit insecure and I nodded.

"Please, that will be a lot of help." I said walking to the laundry.

I washed some of our clothes, Maddie's dresses since that seems to be the only thing that she likes to wear these days. And suddenly felt Manu's presence behind me, I turned around and saw him looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Right, hmmm... I was wondering if she likes mushrooms?" He asked nervously while scratching the back of his head. 

"Hmm she's a kid you know? I don't think so." I said and he nodded as if it was obvious. 

"Not a lot of kids like it, right?" He asked and I laughed.

"I am sure that just a few like it." I said.

"Alright." He said and walked towards me.

"Do you need help with that?" He asked looking at the clothes on the basket.

"No, it's ok - I said while smiling and then I noticed the softener behind him on the top shelve - well... actually can you pass me that?" I said pointing to the softener.