eight

I found myself at the hospital lobby. Waiting for Thomas because in no longer time, i'm pretty sure he'll be out from duty.

Unsure but hoping that I can win him back.

"Thomas please, honey, don't leave me." I gave him a tight back hug to stop him from walking away.

"I dont want to lose you! I am sorry if i'm not enough b--ut I will do everything to fill those 'i'm not enough' part. Hun, don't do this to me! D--iba you made promise na we will be forever? Yung ring na ito? D--iba promise to na akin ka lang at iyo ako? na magiging tayo until our last breath? Diba hun? please answer me! please!!!"

I dont love you anymore, Lea.

My tears are falling uncontrollably. My heart is so heavy. I am so tired of this, but I can't help it.

"It's okay with me. If you don't anymore, i'll make you fall in love with me again."

I don't love you anymore, Lea.

I don't love you anym---

I woke up sweating and my heart is pounding. I looked around and realized it was the same nightmare episode haunting me for the past years after the breakup. I hugged my knees and cried.
-----------
"Morning Lei!" Scarlett greets

"Hi!" I lousy answered

"Oh? di pa nag uumpisa ang duty mo toxic ng mukha mo!"

"Scar, do you think I need to consult a professional about my condition?"

"Lea? isnt that dream again?"

"Yes."

"That's bad."

"Scar. Sa tuwing may problem ako or sobrang pagod o any extreme emotions for that day, the dream will appear. Ha-ha This is abnormal, i think I badly need a doctor that I can talk about this."

"Doctor or 'talk to Thomas' ang kailangan mo?"

"No way."

"Lei. Listen to me.
Take for example this case. How do you give a rational drug therapy to a patient? Patient X is suffering from chest pain and recurrent cough.
Do you prescribe a cough medicine or anti angina drug right away because you saw the patient coughing and has chest pain?"

"No should be the answer, right? What would be the first thing you'd do?"

"Wear a mask!"

"Given na yan! pilosopang ito oh! because you should be wearing mask all the time for infection control's sake!
But of course, you will have a clear discussion of the patient through consultation and order request for ECG or chest xray. Through consultation, you will be able to get the fully disclosed medical history of the patient. That's the most important... history of illness."

She continued.

"Now, Patient X said he has hypertension and is taking hypertensive drug Metoprolol 50mg tablet as maintenance. From then, you can assess that the cause of his recurrent cough is the Beta blocker inhibitor Metoprolol. By which I know that you know Beta blocker inhibitors' common adverse reaction is recurrent cough. So, you'll change the antihypertensive maintenance drug of the patient because he is uncomfortable with recurrent cough brought by the Beta-blocker inhibitor medicine and that the chest pain is only secondary to the recurrent cough he's suffering.