twenty-three

Five minutes past nine in the evening and Lea, her Mom, and the twins arrived at their house from a family dinner at her eldest brother's house. The twins are still up, energy level is as the same as when they left for the dinner.

Infinite play time. Running, jumping, climbing and other active physical activities you could think about;Lea had to deal and understand her thirty months old toddlers. They do test her limits and she's persistently keeping her self, voice and actions calm as possible.

Lea is preparing for the twins' bath-time when she heard a loud cry she knew it was Sam. She went downstairs to determine the cause of crying.

 She went downstairs to determine the cause of crying

"What's the matter? Why are you crying Sam?"

"Eli hit my —my fayth"

"Eli, why did you hit your brother?" Guilty Eli did not responded and ran away

"Shhh..." Lea rubbed the little boy's chest "okay. Stop crying na, anak. Stop crying. Where did Eli hit you in the face?"

"Here" he point to his cheek "and here and here"

She chuckled "Ayy multiple assault pala?"

"Mommy" he sobbed and burried his face in Lea's neck

"Oh, shhh...stop crying na. Mommy will kiss Sam's face so the pain will be gone, 'kay?"

The little boy nodded.

Lea showered him kisses "Kawawa naman ang baby ni Mommy"

Lea found Eli at the dining room now playing all alone. "Come here Eli, let's talk"

Eli looked at Lea with that glint in her eye then she ran away again. Lea scratched her forehead, she knew she had to do something about her little girl's inappropriate behavior.

She placed her hands on her hips "Come here Eli, let's talk"

"Eli, Mommy's calling you" Lea's Mom backed-up

Eli is still not responding to Lea's instruction nor listening to her Ama "I will just count until five, if you will not come here, you'll stand in the corner. One...two..."

Lea's Mom smirked "Ayy.. Lea na Lea lang talaga. Manang-mana"

Lea hissed and rolled her eyes "Mommy naman!"

"three..." Lea continued "...four"

At the fourth count, the little girl turned around to face Lea and walked towards her. They went inside the guestroom to talk.

In a calm but stern voice she asked the little girl "Why did you ran away instead of following Mommy's instruction?"

Eli looked down and remained silent.