1. Bistro's and libraries

(Teen!Destiel au)

It's a day like any other. He sits on the steps to the bistro and listens to the passing crowd. He hears parts of ongoing conversations, catches glimpses into the lives of strangers. There's a baby crying, a couple kissing on the street corner, one man is jogging down the lane. Some people are focused on getting to their destination, others just wander around.

But he just sits and observes the masses. Sometimes, he pauses his activities to scribble something in his notebook. Then he goes back to carefully looking at each ongoing activity up close.
His last job was in the park, watching the animals there. Sometimes he still misses it; the animals had even started to like him! But it just couldn't be, and he had to move on. Orders are orders.

At the start, Castiel had gotten overwhelmed by all of these things going on at once. He couldn't believe what all those people were missing! If they'd just look up, start noticing everything around them. They'd be as delighted as little Cassie.
But they didn't, and after a while Castiel started to understand why. Everything he had found so wondrous and spectacular, had in reality always been there, and would always still be there. Everything always stayed the same. Everything, except for the humans passing by.

So after he'd gotten used to the constant stream of information entering his head, he started to study the people. He started watching how they move, what they do, the way they talk, how they look. Humans are the most fascinating beings on earth, to Castiel at least. He can never get enough of them. And every day, he sees something new. He hears a new word. A new heel steps on his toes.

And when Castiel isn't studying people on the street, he's back up in heaven, playing chess with his younger angel friends. As the oldest, he's the only one allowed on the busy streets of big cities, so he tells them stories of businessmen in too-big suits running by, late for their bus, teenage romances on the way back from school, carefully put-together women rushing their children on school buses before bursting into tears and elderly ladies comforting them.
His friends are amazed at the capabilities of their father's creation, watching Cas with big, curious eyes. What they don't know is that soon, they will be forced to spend less time with their most famous story-teller; as he is about to fall in love with the most fascinating passer-by he's ever come across.

Dean Winchester, his database says. He passes, obviously looking for something, or someone. The boy has a toughed-up, bad boy, kind of vibe. He stops at the end of the street, looks back, and locks eyes with Castiel. Cas is drawn to him, he needs to find out what makes this particular person so special to his humanizing mind. So he searches in his mental library what's so special about this "Winchester" kid. Turns out, the boy's a hunter. So he should be safe around him.

Dean breaks his gaze, and turns around the corner. Castiel, not wanting to miss a second of this boy's day, gets up to follow him. As he gets to the crossing, he realizes that Dean is still there, simply waiting for him, like he knew Cas would follow him. They don't speak; instead, the strange boy takes the now blushing angel's hand and leads him to the local library.

And soon enough, little angel Cassie is reading books of fairy tales and folk legends with his new interest: bad boy -but major softie- Dean Winchester.