Chapter 33

The door to his bedroom clicked shut and Adam opened his eyes. He stared at the ceiling fan in his bedroom as it spun in circles in the dimly lit room. Moonlight stole its way through the venetian blinds and he sighed.

Who the hell was that?

But he knew. If it wasn't his wife, Calista Hargrove, it had to have been the infamous Calista Dover.

Were there any other options? Is it possible there was a third woman with that same face and name?

He shuddered at the thought. By now, she was probably downstairs. Adam quickly climbed out of bed and pulled on his clothing. The minute she had kissed him, he had known she wasn't his wife. Curiosity got the better of him and he played along with her damsel in distress act. Was she a damsel in distress? Adam smirked. Probably not. Calista Dover was aggressive both in and out of bed. He had the scratches down his back to prove it.

He looked around the room, making sure no traces of Calista Dover remained. Adam knew he had to start covering his tracks again now that Calista, his wife, had returned. He couldn't screw things up now. Not when he was so close to having her back.

To Adam, Calista Hargrove was the woman he loved above all others. His soul mate. She was everything to him. He tried his best to be faithful but women always seemed drawn to him. And who was he to deny them? Besides, Adam had convinced himself that it was biology. He was programmed to mate with more than one woman. Still, he couldn't let go of the woman he married. She loved him. He loved her. Until the day she died, she would be his.

Just like before, he'd have to be careful when it came to his extracurricular activities.

He peered out the window and watched as the woman who pretended to be his wife hurried into her car.

What was she up to?

When Calista had gone missing, his first thought was she knew about his affairs. That she had somehow discovered the secrets he so desperately tried to hide.

His wife had mentioned someone wanting to kill her. Was Calista Dover somehow involved? It was all so confusing. He thought about following her but sceatched that idea. She came to him once with a motive. Surely, Calista Dover would visit him again. He'd have to get to the bottom of this if he wanted his wife back by his side. After all, she was the woman he loved.

Janelle watched as Pop Pop practiced some Karate moves in front of a long mirror

Janelle watched as Pop Pop practiced some Karate moves in front of a long mirror. She was flipping through a photo album of his when a picture caught her attention.

"Pop Pop, is this you when you were younger?" Janelle asked pulling out the black and white photo. "You were a handsome devil, weren't you?"

Pop Pop bowed to his reflection before turning to Janelle. "I've always been a looker. I told you, if we married, we'd have beautiful babies together."