Chapter 1...

Loving the Unlovable...

© To I A.J.D.

Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1...

I laid in the warm comforting sheets at home, it may be an orphanage but its still home. "Morning Lane." An orphan named Keith smiles waving. I wave, smiling back before getting up. I grabbed a pair of clothes and began the two minute walk to the bathroom, the off white walls were chipped and colored on, writing here and there saying 'Once you arrive, you never leave!' and a symbol of something beneath it. I scribbled over a few of the writings for Keith and some other little kids sake, saying 'Evangeline fucked a monkey' or 'Lana raped Raj' I frowned and continued walking Raj is a toddler who's parents died in a car accident that he miraculously survived unscathed, I am one of the few left after birth, all I could remember is a cloudy looking face and jade colored eyes. I knocked and found the bathroom empty so I slid in and got dressed, I have school today. My first day of not being home schooled, so I dressed in a pair of faded torn jeans, a black tanktop and a plain old leather jacket, finishing up by putting my black hair into a ponytail and my green tips reached past my shoulders. I took in my reflection and grinned at my eyes, they were a deep brown with a green ring around them. I also have a few tattoos on my arm I got the day I turned 18. Which was this spring. I have a Japanese traditional dragon on my arm, coiling around it to my wrist, then I have D.A. in thin wispy cursive on my other wrist and tribal tattoos going down my back and side. On my neck was a biohazard sign and my left arm had nothing on it, but tribal tattoos on my waist. Lets just say I got really creative and I had some cash to blow. Yes it hurt. Like HELL. "Laney! Come on! Evangeline got us a present!" I jumped and ran out the bathroom, grabbing a pair of black converse and ran down the stairs falling down the last few. "There you are! Here." I caught the object she tossed at my face and saw they were keys, I went outside to see a metallic red Harley Davidson and engraved on the side in black lace is my last name, Adams. I jumped on it, and revved the engine after putting in the key. Then I jumped off and hugged her, "You get to school now, and good luck." School was over an hour away, and the sun has yet to come up. I got on and turned on my headlights, waved bye and started down the road, the other teens already left, so I was driving down the dirt road alone. I swerved almost hitting a deer and then the drive became uneventful.

"Okay class, turn to page 19 in your book and.... Miss Adams, can you read?" my head shot up so fast it popped, I shook my head, not even opening my mouth. "And why not?" she asked, tapping her foot impatiently, I stared at the floor.... "Detention after school. You can come here with Mr. Evans." I turned to see Mr. Manwhore took a breather from the skank." She smirked. I don't like talking...I cuss too much. "Why?" I spoke hoarsely, I haven't spoken in a few years. The Family is nice and all but they don't tolerate much talking. "Look the mute talks!" one boy sneered, I stood up and marched over to him and gripped his chin, I yanked him from his seat and swung, his jaw popped and he growled. His once green eyes turned black and I swung again, hitting him in the eye. He then caught my hand and crushed it, but the adrenaline kept my attention on him and not the pain so I kicked him in the dick and he collapsed. But before I could knee his nose I was pulled out the classroom by a girl. "Stop!" she panted, "God your strong." she choked out, "Emma?" I stared at her in shock, we met one night in the woods, when I was 7. "Delaney? Lane?!" She pulled me into a hug but I hissed when she accidentally hit my purple deformed wrist. "Oh shit, come on." she grabbed my other wrist and pulled me to a plain old white room. "Hey Mrs. Teal?" she asked as a young blonde jumped off a guy in a polo and khakis, "Mr. Teal." she nodded and then turned to blondie "Bet...Ben broke her wrist" she rushed, and pushed me onto a bed covered in that shitty white paper, "Okay, Perry, you have to go, and you....Miss..have to remove your coat." I gulped...maybe tattoos weren't the brightest idea. "Umm...no?" I raised a brow as Mr. Teal hurried out. She then came over and yanked it off leaving me in my tanktop and my tattoos on display, my left wrist was bruised and swollen. "That explains a lot." Emma muttered and grinned, "that also explains the snakebites." I rolled my eyes. She touched my wrist and I bit back a scream. "Yup, Beta..Ben broke it real good." She muttered before resetting it. I screamed and popped my own ear drums doing so. "Shh! It's done!" I clamped my mouth shut. I noticed the gray cast on my wrist. At least it isn't Pink. "now take this, and go home for the day." She handed me a pill and I took off. "Bye Emma!" I waved to my ginger friend.