Chapter Ten

Tristan had run over a game plan for the dinner he was going to have with Lauren (and Camila, but he was ignoring that fact as usual). He had been told to charm her, show her that he is a gentleman, and to not get too handsy. Tristan knew from experience that that was a problem Brad suffered from. There were countless times when he had to move Brad's hand, at least, lower down his thigh when they were in public. The poor boy didn't see the problem in being overly affectionate, but Tristan still didn't think Brad was that close with Lauren and Camila and really did rather that he wasn't put on some sex offenders list for accidentally groping a girl.

So Brad was outside their apartment door, and he was reminded of his first date with Lauren to the pizza place, and he couldn't help be excited. He loved a girl that planned things for him and he had had nothing to do with their dinner plans for the evening.

"Oh hey Bark, I was hoping you wouldn't be coming back." Camila said as she swung open the door.

"Uuuhhh, I'm here to go to dinner with Lauren, she told me to meet her at seven?" Brad said looking down at his shoes, Camila was kind of pretty now she wasn't a walrus and she was standing like, close to him.

"Lo! Come and take the child; I can't handle him any more." Camila called to Lauren as she walked back into the bedroom.

Brad stood awkwardly at the door, unsure if he should go in or not, Lauren always made him feel so welcomed...but Camila made him feel like she didn't like him; he knew that couldn't be true because his Mam told him everyone loved him.

"Brad, close the door literally anyone can see in." Lauren said as she came out of the bathroom in her towel.

Brad became so flustered he just turned around and closed the door behind him, left standing in the hallway again. One look at her and his heart was stopping. His immediate thoughts were that he saw something that he shouldn't have done but then his mind trailed off...maybe she was propositioning me, maybe I was meant to be in that towel with her. The thought was a nice one, but he couldn't help to think he had lost his chance, he knew he was first choice, but what if Camila was her second? What if she had different plans?

A few seconds later the door was opened again and Brad was pulled into the apartment,

"Brad what were you doing out there?" Lauren asked, still very much in a towel.

Brad made a move to hug her, realising she hadn't run off to Camila.

"Babes, I think you're mistaken if I'm gonna hug you with no clothes on, but it's nice to see you too." Lauren said before disappearing into the bedroom.

                    •.                                •.                                 •.                                      •.

"Guys! Can we go yet?" Brad asked, practically vibrating.

"Yeah, we just need to wait for my friend to turn up." Camila said not looking up from her phone.

"Can't me and Lauren just go ahead and you and your boyfriend can meet us there?" Brad asked, thinking he had caught Camila out.

Lauren just laughed from the kitchen, "Camila with a guy? That will never happen."

"That's a little mean, I'm sure she could catch herself an average-to-fat looking man who is 3 to 12 years older than her." Brad said as he sat down at the stools at the breakfast counter.