one ↠ me too

Mekenna

"Damn it!" I yell in the middle of the busy subway station in Downtown Washington DC. A few people stop and stare, "What? Never seen a girl drop her books on the way to school before?" I yell at the people. I usually am not this rude, but I've had a rough morning.

I bend down to get my books when I see a boy run towards me to help. "Need help with that?" he asks even though he was already grabbing papers and things by the dozens.

"No, but thank you anyways," I smile. We stand up and he hands me what he gathered.

"I'm Mario Selman," he says extending his hand.

"Mekenna Anderson," I say shaking his hand. "You from around here?" I ask. "I mean, not a lot of people are, but I thought I'd ask."

"No, but I'm going to be here for a few weeks," he replied.

"Sweet. It's nice to visit here, I guess, but living here is a whole other story."

"I get it. Florida is a lot like that. Too many tourists," he laughs.

(A/N: This is true. Florida is full of tourists. It's SO annoying tbh.)

"Florida huh? Is it a nice as the pictures?" I ask.

"In a way I guess. If you stay inside with the air conditioner on full blast, it's wonderful," he says in a serious tone, but then we both start laughing.

"We should hang out sometime Mario Selman," I say still giggling.

"Yes we should Mekenna Anderson," he says in somewhat of a British accent. He pulls a slip of paper out of his pocket and hands it to me. It has a phone number written on it.

"You carry slips of paper with your number on it in your pocket?" I ask laughing slightly.

"Just in case," he shruggs.

"You're pathetic," I say playfully punching his arm. I turn my head to see the train I need to get on. "I gotta go," I say pointing to the train.

"It was nice meeting you Mekenna," he says.

"Hey, I'll text you after school and we can meet up?" I say.

"Sounds like a plan," he says.

"Bye," I wave as I step on the train. He does the same.
------
"And this is how the reproduction system works class," my teacher Mr. Sweat finishs.

I roll my eyes as the rest of my classmates make gagging noises. They act like they've never watched their favorite show before with that one scene that they wouldn't want their parents to walk in on them watching.

It's kind of stupid.

I eventually got so bored that I texted Mario in second period.

Me: Hey Mario, it's Mekenna

Mario: Hey! What happened to after school?😂

Me: I'm still in school, just bored asf

Mario: Same tbh, I'm in buisness meetings until 2:30😭

Me: I'd rather be in a business meeting then in Anatomy class listening to people complain.

Mario: If I was you, I'd want to be me too😂

Me: Did you seriously just quote Meghan Trainor?😂

Mario: You know it babycakes😘

Me: I think you're messed up in the head Selman😂

"Oh My God Mekenna!" I hear the most annoying voice ever yell. I turn around to come face to face with the girl who makes my life miserable: Cassandra Cambell. "Are you texting a boy?" She asked me talking in the voice she would use when talking to a baby.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am," I replied trying to turn around before our conversation went any farther, but like always, I failed.

"And by the looks of it, a famous boy," she said peering at my phone.

The whole class was staring at me now, "what are you talking about Cambell?" I asked confused.

"Don't you know? Mario Selman: famous YouNower and Musical.ly star. Haven't you heard of him?" She said in her same little baby voice.

"No, I haven't, but is this your way of admitting that you are just as basic as everyone else? Because, if so, you are doing a hell of a good job," I smiled. The class was now finally laughing with me, not at me. Like the great Meghan Trainor says, "I'd want to be me too."
------
First chapter of my next chapter on Wattpad: Done.
This next chapter will be better, promise.
ILYSM
-Madds