Chapter 1: Leas POV

Long ago there was a radioactive explosion, it infected all of the human race. Only certain individuals survived, but surviving came with a price. They had superhuman abilities. There were four groups. Fire, Water, light, and Darkness. Those with fire called there self Blazers. Those water called them self Augamites. Those with light, or pure magic called them selfs Purificators. The fourth group was more reserved from the other three, they called them selfs the shadowers. Since most of them couldn't stand light, they lived in the shadows.

My names is Lea Higgins and I come from a long line of powerful Blazers. My parents are the leaders of the Blazers. My family tree goes back for centuries. They've all been the leaders of the Blazers. One day I might even be the leader of them.
" Lea! Come on! First day of camp!" Rose yells at me. I groan and get out of bed. This camp is for all kids with all powers.

I hope I don't run into any washups, that's what Blazers call Augamites. They don't get along at all. The washups call us hotheads. You would think that the Purifiacters and shadowers argue like the Blazers and Augamites do, but they don't. Purifiacters are very out going and Shadowers are distant.

Anyway Rose and I arrive at the camp and the activities are on the ground but the sleeping quarters are in a giant tree (Picture above). Rose and i walk inside the main part of the tree, the trunk, and walk to see where we are assigned to sleep. Our cabins are near each other but we're not in the same one. Instead we are grouped with three other people with one of the other powers . Great, I'm with phoebe Sinclair-Purificator, Marshel Moore-Shadower, and Cassie Evans-Augamite. Great I have to deal with a Washup. I head up into my cabin and walk in. A girl is already in there. She is dressed in brown shorts and a white tank top, she turns and smiles at me.

" Hi I'm Phoebe," she says. I see in her hand she's holding a wand. It brown with a vine decoration on it going around where she holds it and goes about two thirds of the way up. 

"I'm Lea," I say.
" Ah yes, the Blazer," Phoebe says. "I'm the purifiacter in case you didn't get that. Have you seen the other two? Cassie and Jack?" I shake my head no. "Well you get dibs on one of the other three rooms then." She waves her wand, the tip glows white, and she ignites the lamps. They stay lit for a few seconds then they go out.  "Why can't light them?"

I chuckle. "Let me out do it" I walk over to the lamps and use my finger to light the lamps. "There"

"Thanks." Phoebe says with a smile. "Not as pretty as white flames but they'll do." When she goes into her room I ignite my hand in flames and create a fireball. Suddenly a spray of water comes at me and it gets me hand wet. "OW!" I yell. I turn and see a girl with black hair, dreads in blue shorts and a blue shirt. Her hand is pointed at mine.
"Fire is a hazard and it seems that you are to," she says.

"Oh great, the washup is here," I say.

"And I see your one of the hot heads," she says. "Don't light this whole tree on fire." I ignite my hand and throw a small fireball at her. She puts up a water shield. "Hey!" Phoebe walks back out.
"What is going on out here!?" She ask. Phoebe sees the washup. "Oh hi! I'm phoebe."

"I'm Cassie," the washup says. This is gonna be a long summer. 
-

I'm sorry if it's not very good but once I get farther into the story and develop the characters more, it should get better so bear with me- Dom