Stuck In The Friend Zone // Luke Hemmings Part 3

Since Luke was sent to the office, I got lunch by myself. After i got my chicken wrap, people were staring at me. I felt really uncomfortable. I wanted Luke by my side. I heard a group of girls whispering and giggling with each other while staring at me and guys were whistling at me. That stupid jerk just had to pull down my tank top.

I walked near the locker room where Abby, Ashleigh, and I sit during lunch. We sit literally next to the locker room, next to the exit door. There are blue walls that cover the exit door and I guess thats why we eat there. We don't like big groups and plus its kind of quiet. It sucks when it rains though because we don't know where we would sit.

I passed by the circle (a lot of ghetto people sit on the benches that make a shape of a circle) and literally everyone stared at me and laughed. Does the whole school know what happened?

"Hey Helayna, are you okay? We heard what happened.", Ashleigh says while opening her bag of chips.

"Well obviously not. Luke got into a fight because of me."

"Its not your fault, its the mexican dude. Don't blame yourself." Abby says back.

"Who told you guys anyway?"

"Leann did. She told us every little detail, like always."

Leann is in our choir. Ashleigh is best friends with her since seventh grade. She's also filipino with brown ombre. She's a directioner like all 3 of us. When she fangirls, she exaggerates and it can be annoying sometimes. But I guess I got used to it.

After 10 minutes later of finishing our lunch and explained what happened, the bell rang and I had math for sixth period.

________________________________

Sixth and seventh period passed and school was finally over. I went to my locker instead of going to Ashleigh's because I wanted to go see Luke already. I was getting closer to my locker and I spotted Luke. I ran up to him and grabbed his shoulder. "Hey Luke!". Luke turned around with a smile. He acted like nothing happened. He just told me that he was getting Saturday detention.

"So Helayna, I was wondering if ya wanna come over to my place today? I just wanna prove to my mom that I met a new friend." Luke said as he bit his lips.

My mom was going to pick me up in almost three hours at the library so what the hell why not. I'll just spend an hour at Luke's house. Luke's house was near the Pathfinder Park. It was pretty far but it was worth the walk. I liked spending time with him. Luke was so funny and interesting. His looks and accent was just a bonus! On our way to his place, we stopped by at 7 Eleven. Luke didn't have enough money so he bought a large slurpee and we had to share it. We listened to a couple of songs by All Time Low. Luke was dancing like an idiot which made me laugh a lot!

We were finally at his home. He opened the door and his mom just came from upstairs.

"Hi Luke! How was your first day of scho-", she got distracted by me when I was peeking behind Luke.

"Oh, you made a new friend already?", her australian accent was smooth and friendly. She walked in front of me and smiled.

"Ha, school was fine mom." Luke pecked his mom's head. "This is Helayna. Our lockers are right next to each other and that's how we met."

"Oh thats nice! Helayna, you can call me Liz or Mrs. Hemmings. Anything you'd like.". Luke's mom was so nice. She was smiling the whole entire time.

"Well uh, we're just gonna be upstairs in my room."

Luke and I went upstairs and turned to the left to his room. His room smelled like the store, Hollister. His room was gray and had some posters of Sleeping With The Sirens and Nirvana. His bed was at the left side of the room. Luke's room felt comfortable.

"This, this is where I party hard!" Luke joked around. We took off our shoes and he closed the door. Luke then grabbed his guitar and sat on his bed.

"Ya wanna learn how to play guitar right?", he said as he pat his bed for me to sit on. I smiled and nodded.

"You should sing me a song! Haha, I want to hear you sing.", I said.

He started playing a tune with his guitar that sounded so familiar. He then started singing the lyrics 'Your hand fits in mine, like its made just for me...". It was the song Little Things by One Direction! I smiled really big and he giggled a little trying to stay focus on the song. Luke probably saw the inside of my locker because it was literally covered of One Direction pictures.

Luke's voice was like an angel, I know this would sound silly but I felt like I was in heaven. His voice would sometimes crack but it was really cute. His voice was so smooth, I can listen to him sing all day.

Luke stopped singing after the chorus. "Haha uh Helayna, you there?", he waved his hand in front of my face. I was spaced out. I was so into the song his voice hypnotized me!

"Oh, haha yeah! Wow Luke oh my gosh, your voice is like... Perfection!"

"Yeah? Thanks.", he said with a big smile. "Back in Australia, I was in a band with my best friends, Calum, Michael, and Ashton. But then my dad's job was put here in California..". Luke looked so sad about it.

"I know you miss your best friends but you can always skype them, right?", I said trying to make him feel a little better. He laughed it off and agreed. He turned to me and look deep into my eyes. "Helayna, you're so beautiful..". He put his face closer to mine and kissed me softly. I wasn't uncomfortable, I actually liked it. I laid down on my back and he went on top of me. He slowly lifted my tank top up and slipped his cold hand on my waist. He started kissing my stomach, up to my chest, then my neck. He gave sweet, soft kisses on my neck. Then, he started sucking on my neck harder and harder. I moaned softly against his ear. I messaged his soft, blonde hair allowing him to continue. He tried unzipping my jeans but I didn't let him.

"Luke, I can't. You're going way too far." I get up from his bed and fix my tank top.

"Ha, I know we only met but lets pretend its love..", Luke giggled trying to make me laugh. He was laying down on his back with one arm hanging out. He was giving me a smirk that fooled me.

"Ugh, whatever. I'm gonna walk to the library. I'll see you tomorrow.", I said playfully pushing Luke's head a little.

"Aw c'mon, I need to know more about you.".

"Physically?"

"Well.."

Before opening the door, I turn around and raised my eyebrows and give him a blank face. "So, do you do this to every girl you meet?"

"No.. actually you're my first."

"Oh congratulations! So you're planning to do more?"

"No, I just-"

"Just don't have anymore excuse?"

"I-"

"I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

Luke quickly stood up and grabbed my arm before I opened the door. "Helayna, you're beautiful okay. I just couldn't control myself. I'm sorry."

I didn't say anything else. I tried not to look into his eyes because I didn't want to fall for any other bullshit.

"So are we still best friends?", he asked.

"Best friends?"

"Yeah, you're like my only friend at school."

"Okay, fine. Whatever. But just so you know, best friends don't kiss, hold hands, or whatever. They just don't flirt, unless one of them likes each other. So if you like me, just let me know. See you tomorrow.". I finally open the door and go downstairs. As I walk downstairs, I see Mrs. Hemmings. "Goodbye, Mrs. Hemmings. It was very nice meeting you.", I said with a bright, friendly smile.

"Aw, goodbye Helayna! It was nice meeting you too darling."

I shut the door behind me and walk to the library all by myself.