Stuck In The Friend Zone // Luke Hemmings Part 4

It was day 2 at school with Luke and I wonder if it'll be awkward between us after what happened yesterday. I was at my locker wasting time, waiting for Luke.

I heard mini steps so I turned around and spotted Luke walking up to me.. or his locker?

I waved at him and he walked towards me with a serious look on his face.

"Hey Luke are you ok?", I asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine.."

"If its about yesterday, I-".

Luke cut me off and pushed me against the locker, "I said I'm fine ok. Just forget what happened yesterday! It was a fucking mistake..". He said with his face close to mine. I knew people around us were staring. He started walking back and forth real slowly.

"I- I'm so sorry, Helayna. I didn't mean to yell at you and hurt you." He put his hands on my shoulders. "Its just that, I have a girlfriend and uh, she broke up with me because she thought that I would meet someone new here in California but-"

"Wait, what" I pushed him back away from me, "You have a girlfriend?"

"Well, I had one."

"You kissed me and told me I was beautiful but the whole time you had a girlfriend?! What the fuck Luke. Did you really think I was beautiful or did you do all those things to me because you missed your girlfriend?". I couldn't believe it. I almost fell for Luke and I'm so glad I didn't.

"Well uh.. It was a good thing you stopped me from kissing you haha", Luke chuckled and scratched his head.

"Luke, its not funny. This is serious.."

"Oh c'mon Helayna, 'yolo' right?" , Luke playfully pushed my arm. His smile was so big and I felt like I make him happy.

"You're not the serious type, huh?"

"Nope!"

"Then I guess I'm sorry.."

"Helayna its fine. Remember, we're best friends. Best friends don't fight.. Maybe sometimes haha."  The bell rang and we walked to P.E.

______________________________

It passed period 1 & 2 and I'm on my way to choir with Ashleigh. Choir is one of my favourite class because I'm friends with everyone in there (well not literally) and everyone cheers me up when I'm in a bad mood. As I walk in the classroom, I spy Leann smiling really big at me and skipping towards me.

"Hi Helayna!", Leann says as she grabs my arm.

"Hi Leann what's up?"

"I saw you walking around with a cute white boy yesterday. Is he new here?", she asked with her curious puppy face.

"Uh, yeah. He actually came from Australia."

"Oh my god! He's Australian? Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god....!", Leann shouts out while running to her seat. She's like this all the time especially when it comes to One Direction.

I walk to my seat which is in the front row. I sit there quietly not saying a word to anyone which is totally not normal. I'm usually very happy around my choir friends but this time, I feel the opposite. You know that feeling when you're jealous? Yeah, I have that feeling.. but why? What was I jealous of?

I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turned its Ashleigh. "Hey, whats up with Leann? She's been fangirling over a guy since I saw her before I went to french class. She wouldn't tell me who."

"Ugh its probably Luke.", I said feeling weak and sick.

"What the heck. Who even fangirls over a guy when they already have a boyfriend?", Ashleigh says while she crosses her arms.