→1 |•Alarm bells•|

Camilla POV

'Ah, Camilla,' A masculine voice drawls as I shake the infusion of alcohol in my hands.

It's possible to deny him any more alcohol, right? The man already seems drunk, but it seems all too fake to be real.

Anyone would ignore the flaw however, since his face appears to be carved almost perfectly by the gods themselves anyway.

Almost.

There is still an unsettling feeling embedded into my mind as well as my heart about this man who's sat on the stool behind the counter.

'Tell me sir, what drink would suit your taste? Water perhaps?'

At my words, I notice his eyes flicker downwards to my neck, causing me to step back unconsciously.

'Water it is then. It'll soothe the headache inevitably to come in the morning,' I reply without an answer from him.

'Still as compassionate as ever,' he murmurs too loudly. It makes me wonder if he intended for me to hear those words.

'Excuse me?' I ask, turning back around to face him.

'You know, I'm one hundred percent sure this place would be down in flames if he knew I was actually searching. Finding you. Hunting you. Then again, he thinks I'm dead. They all do,' he rambles while finishing of the last of his drink, letting it slip down his throat. I stay silent, listening to his casual demeanour.

'You two were at it twenty four seven- God, it made me sick. Of course, you wouldn't remember; I took the memories from your innocent little mind, poof,' He continues, rolling his eyes and twirling his fingers around. He seems so casual, not at all drunk any longer.

'I should've sent him on a wild goose chase to be honest. He's not exactly known for his brains- How's the bartender life going but the way? Oh, I completely forgot. Yeah, okay, vampires are, well -me,' He says flatly.

'Still don't remember?'

I stay frozen, like a deer caught in headlights.

'No?' He smirks.

'Try not to get too lost Mon Tournesol,' he slurs meaningfully, leaning forward.

My mind abruptly thrashes against itself, and I feel as if a hand is dragging me by the head down to the cold floor.

Like a blinding camera, flashes of a beautiful woman with long golden hair spirals as she reaches out for something- laughing with glee all the same.

And in each picture is a sunflower placed behind her ear.
They run through my mind, sore as if a fire has just lighted.

But then a muscular silhouette fades into sight. The only thing half blinding me is a fabricated cover of some sort- like bed sheets or transparent curtains. He looks delicious, even without the view of his face.

The pain slowly turns into just the prick of a pin as I concentrate on his features, now coming into view by a hidden source of light.

First the outline of his jaw, then the sharp curve of his cheekbone. The side of his lips, then the hint of his sliver-not grey- silver eyes.

My heart beats faster against my ribs, threatening to rip out- for what reason I have no idea.

I need to see more.

'Okay, I think that's enough of that,' A loud voice claps, jolting me back to look at the coloured LED lights gleaming above me.

I wince, turning my head to the side to find the granite cupboards holding the alcohol I would be serving for the rest of the night.

'Tempting no? All those memories...' He trails off while leaning over the counter and looking down at me, still on the floor.

Looking deeply into my eyes, he speaks again 'Get up.'

Without hesitation, my body obeys to his command, and I stand on two feet once again.

The rest of his words after only echo through my mind like some sort of hallucination, but my body instantly reacts, obeying to his words.

And then my head feels as if it's been slapped both ways as I awake from what felt like a trance.

My brows draw together in confusion as a handsome man in a leather jacket stands in front of me, waiting patiently behind the counter.

'Sorry, did you say something? I must have missed your order-'

A siren suddenly cuts me off, making me jump.

'Actually, sweet cheeks, I was just leaving,' He grins with a wink.

Everywhere around me is chaos to get to the fields, but the man only slides his finished glass across the counter. He walks leisurely out of the bar with a kick of his boots to the door, leaving me to wonder if I've just missed something.

How odd.

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a really REALLY long time, and I decided I'd edit a lot of this book I was writing a while ago.
So here it is :)

Also that image up top is the guy you just met, you'll get to know him much better later on- Atm he's anonymous to you ;)

Enjoy