Chapter Three

**Authors note**

If there are any suggestions that you would like to make, then please comment below. I have time for critics!! It'd help a lot!**

*************

Walking into the cafeteria, Amanda and I get the usual slop for lunch. Thus consisted of pizza and fries. Our school likes to make us get a fruit or vegetable to be 'healthy,' but when you pick up the pizza, grease would drip off! How disgusting!? If they wanted us to be healthy, then give us healthier food choices. Not grease and more grease.

Amanda and I walk to our usual table with our usual friends. We all sat together at a big table in the back of the cafeteria that had a huge window to look outside to see the view. We were on a mountain, so you see miles and miles of trees. It was really beautiful and it was truly the only thing I liked about this school besides my friends.

I noticed that Dylan decided not to sit with us today. "Where's Dylan," I ask the table.

"He's over there with the other preps." A kid named Reece had a look of disgust as he said that. It went around the whole school pretty quick that Dylan and Mackenzie were dating and many people did not like it. The only ones who did were the other preps because they had a 'hot addition.' I will admit that Dylan was cute. He was tall and tan with auburn hair that sweeper across his face. It wasn't too long but not short either. He was a really cute guy. I understood where the girls were coming from when they talked about how hot Dylan was. I would never date him though. I couldn't ever look at him like that. I've been friends with him for too long!

"Probably with his new bitchy girlfriend," the lunch table continued on and on. I understood that they were upset but maybe Dylan was just being cautious because he knew how everyone would react. Like this! He was just making sure that he wasn't here to hear it. "Okay guys, we need to stop. Dylan will come around soon and you know it. Just give him some time." I looked around the lunch table and they rolled their eyes and nodded okay.

**********

I walked into my last class which was chemistry and went to my seat in the back of the room. Just one more week in this class and I'm done! When would I ever need to know that the particles in a solid were in a pattern, tight together, and could not move past each other?

Never!

I think it's stupid and I'd rather be taking the piano class that I actually signed up for. I got my phone out to play with and go through my messages and I noticed one from Josh. Why the heck would he ever text me? How did he even get my number?

**Hey, it's Josh. What kind of strawberries do you eat with your cereal?**

Okay, that's weird. Why does he need to know what kind of strawberries I eat? Was he actually going to buy me more since he ate them this morning?

I text back, **I like the frozen ones. Why?**

**Ken said he heard us arguing about the strawberries this morning, so he demanded that we go to the store so I could buy you more.**

Oh! So Josh wasn't doing an act of kindness. My little brother was making him! I decided not to respond to the text because either way I was going to get my strawberries and breakfast tomorrow would be perfect. Hahaha who knew strawberries could make someone so happy?

The teacher, Mr Connors, walks in with a good looking boy. I had no idea who this guy was but I sure wanted to know. "Class, this is our new student named Ian Caraway. He's from Colorado and he's a junior. Make him feel welcome!" Immediately all the girls tried to get him to sit by them. I just sat there and put my book bag in the empty seat next to mine. I didn't do well with strangers. Especially very hot ones.

I get out my final exam study guide and pray that the next time I blink, the answers will be written down. I hear a cough beside me, "Do you mind if I sit here?" I look up and see Ian smiling down at me. He's got black hair and bright blue eyes. He's so gorgeous. I grab my book bag and move it next to my feet. He nods at me and sits down beside me.

"So what's your name," Ian asks as he looks over the final exam study guide and Connors handed him when they walked in.

I didn't answer immediately because when I looked up, I felt daggers all around my body. Every single girl was glaring at me because Ian decided to sit beside me. "My name is Stacey. I've lived here all my life and I work at subway right down tags street."

He nods and says, "Maybe I'll have to pay subway a visit sometime."

"Well don't think that you'll be getting any discounts. I'll be expecting tips!" I laugh and add, "I'm only kidding!" He grins at me and looks back at his study guide.

Before I know it, the bell rings and everyone is packing up. I must have got lost in the study guide today because usually I'm packed up 10 minutes before the bell rings! I gather my things and walk out the classroom and out the door to my car. I pick up my phone and call Amanda. "Hey, did you still want a movie night at my house tonight?" I hear her car start through the speaker. "Of course! I'll make my way now! I might stop and get some movie candy first though!

We hang up and I make my way home.

As I pull up in my driveway, I see Josh's car. Is he really here again!? He needs to go home for once! I walk in the front door and put my book bag on the couch. Ken and Josh are putting pizzas in the oven. "What kind of pizzas are you guys making?" I walk towards them and Josh turns around to say, "Pepperoni for you and Amanda. All meat for the men."

I scoff at that and turn around to grab my book bag off the couch and take it to my room. Setting it down on my bed, I hear Amanda pull up in her mustang. I take my time going downstairs because I know one of the guys will let her in.

As I make my way downstairs, I hear gigging. Oh goodness, which one was she flirting with today?? Amanda had a big crush on Ken and Josh. She loved coming over because Ken would always be here and it was always a bonus if Josh was here with Ken. Amanda sees me come down the stairs so she picks something off of the counter and tosses it to me. I catch it and see that it's sour patch kids.

My friends know me so well! We all grab a slice of pizza and settle down in the living room to watch the movies that the boys picked out. It was going to be a relaxing night.