First Love

First Love

It was the third day of the week, and Gakushu was walking down the halls of the Class-E building.

He found a piece of paper just lying around with the name Anna Nguyen written on it, and he was going to pick it up and toss it into the bin until he flipped it over. It was a photo of An, the An Gakushu knew as the reaper from the Australian Branch.

An was looking back, widely smiling at him or to anyone who looked at the photo. She wore a white summer dress along with a large straw floppy hat. Before her original eye colour was replaced with the sharpness of chartreuse phosphorescent, her eyes were once the darkness of browns.

The moment he saw her face, his violet bright eyes widen. Did somebody knew of her? Gakushu shook his head. No, that should be impossible. That was because An was of Vietnamese descent and nobody in class has that kind of linage.

And what was up with Australians turning anything into nicknames? John to Johnny and Anna to An. You either shorten it or you add a 'y' or an 'o'. Back on the subject, not only that, but An died twenty years along with Johnny, Mark and James in their suicide little pact.

It could be that someone was researching of the event? Unlikely, it would be a very random topic.

It could be that one of the male student took a liking An who worked in a nearby café? Unlikely again, this photo looked to be a personalised one.

It could be that it was used as a reference photo for a portrait? Unlikely once again, this photo wouldn't have been found on the internet and again, it looked to be a personalised photo.

Gakushu tried to find more information on the photo, and in the corner of the photo was some small handwriting. It was the date when An committed her unforgivable act. So someone did know that An was dead, but who was the question.

Lost in his thoughts, he accidently bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry-"

"Karma, when did you bleached your hair?" Irina Jelavic gasped. Gakushu had to bump into a teacher he has trying to avoid. "Surprisingly it looks good on you." She lifted on of the strands of his silky strawberry blonde hair.

'...Why is it so soft?' She was surprised from the moment she came into contact with his hair.

"Did you get a haircut as well Karma? It looks cute." Irina said as she started to inspect more of Gakushu's hair.

'How do you mistake me for Akabane?' Gakushu thought, his irradiation for the red-haired version of Ikeda was almost shown for the whole world to see. 'We don't even look like each other! Our hair styles are different!'

"Miss, I'm not Karma Akabane." Gakushu said, but Irina only blinked back in response. She placed one of her hands on Gakushu's forehead and the other on hers.

"Are you sick? I don't sense a fever." Irina asked worryingly of the sudden kindness, and Gakushu felt a vein appeared on his head. 'We don't even look alike! He has amber eyes and I have violet, though that was due to contacts but still!'

"Bitch-sensei! You're blocking the way." The real Karma Akabane stepped forward and stood beside Gakushu. Irina's eyes almost popped out of her sockets. Karma looked very amused from the face Irina was making.

"Why are there two of you?" Irina had the face that said, 'This is too early in the morning.'

"I told you miss, I'm Gakushu Asano. I transferred here last week." Gakushu reaffirmed in a monotone voice.

"You did? I never noticed." Irina said as she stroked her chin and eyed Gakushu.

'And I wish it stayed that way.' Gakushu grimly thought. He had a feeling that Irina had the character of Gretel and Lucia mixed together, he just hope that someone doesn't mind if they have the Arthur character-type. He glanced at Karma, 'He has the shape of his eyes.'