Chapter 2

*2*

It was almost an hour later and the sun was going down when I was done dumping my stupid ex boyfriend. How dare he go see strippers on my birthday then expect me to have sex with him when he got home. I don’t think so!

I scroll through my contacts to Gage and press send. I drive toward his office as it rings.

He picks up with a “Hi.” Just his voice saying that word gives me goose bumps.

“I’m on my way back. You still want company?” I ask, praying that he hasn’t changed his mind.

“Yes, absolutely. I’m just doing some paperwork so come right in.” You could almost hear that half smile in his voice. Yeah, I’m melting again.

I pull into the drive so fast I think there were only two wheels still on the ground. I park in the slot closest to his office door and get out. He is at his desk typing on a lap top. The only illumination in the office is the small lamp on his desk. I bet if you turned it off, you wouldn’t be able to see in at all.

I tuck my purse with my cell inside under my seat then get out and head to the door. His head snaps up as I push the door open. A wide smile spreads across his face. Ah, those dimples are killing me. He jumps to his feet and comes around the desk. He doesn’t say a word just wraps his arms around me and kisses me. My knees turn to jelly and I go from turned on to incendiary in seconds. As he presses tightly against me, I feel the evidence that he is right there with me.

He eases out of the kiss and smiles at me. “Hi,” is all he says. From now on, I just might get turned on every time I hear him say that word.

“So, I was thinking that we could go have dinner, get a drink or go to my place. Your place if you prefer . . .” He trails off as I shake my head.

“I was thinking that we could find new uses for that big desk you have over there.” I nibble on my lip as Gage seems to consider the idea.

He smiles that sexy half smile and points out, “I could get into a lot of trouble if anyone found out.” That isn’t a no. I’m detecting the possibility of swaying him to the idea. I’m thinking it wouldn’t take much effort to get him onboard with this fantasy of mine.

“Who are you planning on telling? I’m not planning on telling anyone.” I say. I nudge him back until he is sitting on the edge of the desk and I am standing between his legs. “Earlier, I was wondering what it would take for you to lie on this thing and let me have my wicked way with you.”

His hands drop down to my hips and squeeze slightly. He presses his lips to mine in a brief kiss. “Hmm, first you’d have to let me do what I want to you. You aren’t the only one here with a fantasy or two involving this desk.”

My panties get wet in a rush. I look at those stormy eyes and see he is looking at my nipples. They are standing at attention and showing clearly through my tank top. “OK,” is about all I am going to get out of my overheated brain.

Gage guides me to the chair behind the desk and begins putting papers in the drawers. He folds the laptop shut and shoves it in the bag sitting against the wall. He turns around and leans back against the edge with his hands on either side of his hips. The bulge in his pants is almost at eye level. He definitely wants to play on the desk now.

“First, we have to turn off the light. I don’t want to but if we leave it on then anyone can see in.” He says as he reaches over and turns it off with a sharp click. I blink a few times, trying to adjust to the sudden dimness. I can still see, the lights in the parking lot had come on and there is light coming in the wide windows. “As for what I want . . .” He pauses and takes several deep breaths. “I want to restrain you.” Gage states then bites his lip. He adds quickly, “Not tie you up, just hold your wrists and use my body so you can’t move unless I want you too.”

I sit there in silence, mulling this over. I am intrigued and very turned on by the possibilities. “What if I don’t like it? Will you stop if I ask you to?”

“Absolutely, I’ll only take it as far as you want to go. If you aren’t into it then it won’t be as hot as it could be. I don’t want you to actually be resistant or scared, just controlled. We’ll start out my way and if you don’t like it we’ll be more . . . tame. This request isn’t a deal breaker, I still want you either way. I promise, at some point, I’ll be lying on the desk. I can’t guarantee I won’t be in control then too. Ever since the first time I saw you, I’ve wanted to . . . for lack of a better description, take you.” He crosses his arms over his chest and waits for my answer. He seems almost defensive, like he is worried that he has scared me off or I am going to refuse. If only he knew how turned on I am at this moment.

I stand up and step between his feet, his thighs on either side of my hips. I put a hand on his forearm.  “I’ve never had someone dominate me like that before.” I admit. “I am willing to try it with you.”

Gage uncrosses his arms and pulls me until I am pressed against him. “You won’t regret it.”