Chapter 1: An Innocent Plan

Chapter 1: AnInnocent Plan

You exit the training room, sweat pooling from various sources on your face. Glynda had a... rigorous training regimen planned for you today. Though it's your fault, in all honesty. You asked her for some training to prepare you for the Vytal Festival. Sure, you're one of the top first year students in Beacon, but its always possible that you may face one of the more experienced teams at Beacon, such as team CFVY. Besides that, you really don't know what the other schools have up their sleeve. There's no way you're going to lose, so you have to train as hard as you can.

You wipe some sweat off your forehead and look back at the door. Dylan exits, holding onto the door frame for support.

"You..." He says with a huff, attempting to stare you down though his sweat riddled hair distorts his vision. "I'm never... doing this with you again..."

"Come on... Dylan. This'll get us... in... in tip top shape," you barely chuckle.

Dylan shakes his head, pushing himself off the door frame so he gets closer to you.

"If I had any... strength left... I'd knock that grin off your face."

You smile even harder, amused at Dylan's words.

"Yeah... maybe next time."

"Hello!" A voice sings.

You and Dylan turn your attention to the source, which is team RWBY. Yang is holding her hand up, waving, so obviously she was the one who greeted you.

"Seems you... whoa!" Yang covers her nose, wafting the air in front of her.

The rest of the team does the same.

"Ew, it smells like dirty men," Ruby comments, her body shivering in disgust.

"That's not fair... Ruby... I put up with you when yo-"

Rose pedals fill the air and Ruby appears right beside you, still holding her nose.

"We don't speak of that," she whispers, her voice nasally.

She quickly returns to their team, and they all take a step back.

"You two need a shower," Weiss states the obvious.

You huff.

"Yeah, I guess... that's called for. Dylan, wanna grab my shoulder?"

Dylan nods.

"Yeah..."

"Hey! Um, (Y/N)," Ruby calls out.

You look up at her, a brow raised.

"Can you meet me in my room after?"

"Mhm, yeah," you nod. "Just give me a couple minutes. Hey Dylan, will you scrub my back?" You smirk, looking back at him.

"Get close to me without clothes and I'll end you," Dylan sneers, making you chuckle.

"Yeah, that's about what I thought. Alright, see you girls soon," you wink before leaping away.

Team RWBY lets their noses go and quickly shuffles away from the area to avoid smelling anything else.

"So Ruby, have things been going well between you and (Y/N)? You've been dating for a few weeks now," Blake asks.

Ruby blushes, poking her index fingers together.

"Well I mean I guess we are dating and he's great but you don't have to call it dating I mean we haven't done anything datey like," she nervously says.