Chapter 3: Spirited Away

Chapter 3:Spirited Away

You did not win any candy. None. Zilch. Everyone else won at least one piece, but you couldn't win even one of the games Ruby planned. Nobody could really believe it either, but there was humour in seeing you whine and cry when you lost every game. Ruby, despite being a caring girlfriend, refused to even give you a nibble of anything she won. She smiles at you as she gobbled up the candy, then would tell you to "Just win a game and you'll get some." That advice was pointless since you NEVER WON ALL NIGHT!

But still, it was more than fun. Everyone was laughing, having fun, and taking a break after everything that has happened inside school and out. Beacon hasn't been the easiest time, but it's definitely been the most fun of all places you've been. Though that could be attributed to the people rather than the place. Shade Academy had some friends as well, along with those... interesting people at Atlas. But no doubt Beacon has been the most fun, if the most hectic.

Alas, your victory never came. As the games went on so did the time, and you were left with no candy as everyone else nibbled on theirs for the night. Though as they all rubbed it in your face that you had no candy people starting heading back to their dorms. It started with Nora and Ren, then Blake, then Weiss, then Pyrrha and Jaune, then Yang. All that's left in your dorm is yourself, Ruby and Dylan. The only real difference is that Dylan and Ruby are no longer in their costumes. You get why they both did it – Dylan because he hated your hard work, and Ruby because she's most comfortable in her hood.

You and Ruby sit beside each other on your bed while Dylan attempts to sleep. You're looking through the book of games and rules that Ruby found in the library, laughing at some of the things you guys didn't get around to doing and planning how to subject Weiss into these activities. However this whole time, despite laughing and having fun, you can tell Ruby has something on her mind that she doesn't want to say.

"Hey, Little Red... what's up?" You whisper, letting Dylan sleep.

"What? Nothing, I was just laughing at this one," she responds, pointing to another game.

"No, I mean something's bugging you, I can tell. What is it?"

Ruby's façade drops instantly as she huffs.

"Well... I didn't want to bring it up, but... there was one part that was more than just games, but I didn't want to bring it up to the group." You raise your brow, gesturing her to go on. "I mean, there's one part where we visit the ones we've lost, and I thought maybe... we could visit your parents? You haven't taken me there and I kinda want to go, but if you don't want to its fine this whole thing was more for fun anyway," she tries to play off.

You chuckle, though in a more thoughtful way than your usual chuckles.

"You're right... I haven't brought you there... I never really thought about it... huh" You rub your chin before eying Ruby. "I mean... I already went through all the trouble of dressing up and playing your games... I suppose we can go, but not for long. It is late."

"It doesn't have to be long! We'll be back before anyone knows we're gone!"

You hop off the bed, readjusting to the costume.

"Alright," you submit. "Grab what you need."

Ruby swipes her book of games and another book she has, then leaps beside you, happy as ever.

"Ready!"

She intertwines her hand with yours as you lock-on to your home. It takes about thirty seconds of silence and concentration before Ruby feels herself leap to another locations, giving her a weird feeling in her stomach. But, it worked. You and Ruby stand before your village, the broken moon of Remnant being the only light allowing you to see. You both look around, making sure there are no stray Grimm. Thankfully its clear, and you both move on.