0.0

(Unedited)

A D E L I N E

The morning croaked eerily, the birds not chirping and the sun not quite up yet.

I wonder if anyone else on the block is awake? If they're sitting in their beds staring outside, or washing their bodies, or eating breakfast.

Or am I the only one?

I squeeze from under my covers and stand to my full height, 5'0, stretching my arms up and smiling as my vertebrae popping, that feels nice.

I walk into my bathroom and tug at the flimsy hairband holding my hair in a bun, and my brown waves cascade down my back lightly.

I lean over my sink and counter-top and stare back at blue eyes and pinkish lips. My pale skin makes it seem almost abnormal against my dark brown hair, and I purse my lips against each other.

I turn my frame towards my shower and pull the handle, twisting it to the left so warm water pours from the head.

I spin back around and close my bathroom door. I grip the hem of my shirt and pull it above my head, untangling it from my hair, and tossing it to a pile on the floor, along with my shorts and panty set.

After I finish my business and wash my hands, I balance myself along the edge of the shower- my left hand holding the glass panel, and use my right hand to check the temperature of the water.

Once I'm sure it's a good balance between hot and cold, I step inside and close the door behind myself. Fog immediately clings to the glass, creating a blurry image when I look through it, and the sound of water thumping the bottom of the shower fill my ears.

I sigh and let my eyes droop, while I bathe in the wonders of my mind. I smile a little and finish up, washing my hair and rinsing it with shampoo, before doing the same with conditioner.

I grab my body wash and layer it across my body, and letting it be for a moment before stepping under the shower head and washing it away.

I push the water to stop, before twisting my hair together and squeezing it, to get all of the extra water out.

I open the glass door and grab my towel from the marble counter, unfolding it and wrapping it around my bare body.

I turn and told my head to the side, did I leave the door open?

I shrug and walk out, closing the doors to my room and bathroom, before taking the towel and drying my body and hair.

Once I'm relatively okay with how dry my hair is, I let it fall down my back in waves freely.

I walk to my dresser and open the top drawer, picking out a maroon bra and panty set and a pair of black leggings and then I close the drawer. Opening the next one, I pick out some high waisted shorts, and in the last drawer I pick out a top and kimono.

 Opening the next one, I pick out some high waisted shorts, and in the last drawer I pick out a top and kimono