The bus

Today, it was raining, and Billy-Ray was already late to his next show.
He sat down under the bus stop canopy with his guitar. Hicksville bus stop was nice usually, but when it was wet and extremely humid, not so much.
He pulled out his setlist and began going over songs in his head. Where the heck was the bus. He was 10 minutes late -- and it wasn't getting any better.
"Billy-Ray?" a familiar voice called to him.
He looked up. "Cameron?" The girl was standing, soaked, holding a sketchbook and three pencils. "Why are you soaked?"
"You remembered my name?!" she yelped. "Um, I was at Yankwoman again, and it started pouring. I'm on my way home."
"You should come to my show with me, if my bus ever comes," Billy-Ray offered. "It's dry there, at least."
A look of shock and happiness crossed her face. "I'd love to!"
They sat and chatted until (finally!) the bus pulled up. Once they got to Billy-Ray's venue, he set up an amp, and Cameron sat down in a front-row seat.
People flooded into the venue, yelling and singing along to the music he played. But the only voice he heard was Cameron's.
After the show, she came up to him and said, "I gotta get home, Billy-Ray, I'm sorry."
Billy-Ray nodded. "Call me Billy, Cameron. Take care!"
She waved back at him as she left. "Bye, Billy!"
"Bye, Cameron." Wow. She was great.