Chapter 5

Quietly, the trio worked out a plan on how to hunt a nearby deer, that didn't have the infection.

"Okay, BA-55, since it is your first hunt with actual... You know... Sanity, you can be the one to just make it run." Hal0 whispered, and glanced at him for agreement. BA-55 nodded, and she continued on. "1nsan1ty, since you're the strongest, you can take down the deer, and I will slow it down. Does everyone understand?" 1nsan1ty and BA-55 nodded, while saying, "Yes."

They were off, and sped towards the scent, until they were twenty meters away, far enough for the deer to not smell them. Hal0 nudged BA-55, signaling him to move in. He crept towards the lone buck, the smell of it tingling his senses. He licked his lips, cleaning them off from his last meal as a human.

Suddenly, something unexpected happened. A larger wolf, glowing red, leapt out of nowhere, and killed the buck as soon as he jumped on it. The wind direction changed, and the wolf smelled BA-55. Familiar hazel eyes glared at him, and fear struck Nate.

It was Josh.

The wolf-form of his friend peeled his lips back into a snarl, and shouted in his normally deep voice, "What are you doing here?" BA-55 got slightly closer to his friend, but kept low in submission. "Josh... I know you..." BA-55 told him, hoping he hadn't just ticked him off by not answering his question.

But, the wolf's ears actually pointed up, seeming to notice something. "N...Nate?!" He whimpered, suddenly seeming to awake his sanity. Out of nowhere, Hal0 tackled Josh's wolf-form, and shouted, "Get away from him!" BA-55's eyes widened, and pushed Hal0 off, eyes glowing blue. "Stop it! I know him!" He growled as Hal0 struggled to get up. 1nsan1ty ran from the bush they were hiding in, and tossed BA-55 off of Hal0.

"BA-55, are you crazy?! This guy took your kill!" He snarled. BA-55 tried his hardest to protest, but they just didn't seem to listen. Suddenly, a large shout emitted from the forest. It said, "HEY!" All three of them became quiet, as suddenly, a hawk flew down from a nearby tree. "Derek!" BA-55 exclaimed. The two circled each other, then did their secret handshake. Apparently his sanity was awoken from all of the ruckus.

"BA-55, the wolf!" Reminded an impatient Hal0. "He's got your food!"

BA-55 turned around and snarled so suddenly, it knocked her off her feet. BA-55 took a deep breath, and muttered an apology. "These guys I know," he commented. "I was trying to tell you that." Hal0 suddenly looked so apologetic, BA-55 felt slightly sorry for telling her in the first place.

"Oh my goodness..." She murmured. "I should've listened..." She looked over at Josh's wolf form, then at Derek's hawk form, and told them, "I'm so majorly sorry. I should've known better than to just lash out like that." She looked down at the ground, and asked, "What's you guys' names?" The wolf and the hawk told her their birth names, and Hal0 stared at them, confused, then realizing her mistake.

She laughed, then said, "I mean your names as animals." The two exchanged glances, unknowing of what she meant. 1nsan1ty stepped up, and asked, "Do you guys even know your names?" The two shook their heads.

"Then we might as well make them up," 1nsan1ty told them.

"Josh, what do you want yours to be?" BA-55 asked. Josh shrugged, and thought for a minute.

"I like the word Crossfire," he told them. "Maybe that can be it." BA-55 nodded, and said, "Crossfire it is. Derek, what about you-"

"Talon!" Derek interrupted. "I like the name Talon." BA-55 laughed, and agreed.

"Hey, you guys can have some of my food," Crossfire told the four others. "I don't mind sharing."

~

With their stomaches full, the small pack of creatures and creations decided to go back to the stage. Talon navigated the way back, since they forgot where to go after all of the ruckus.

They made it back on stage, watching as more and more infected victims ran past them as animals. After a while, one knocked over Crossfire. He laughed, and shook it off.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get a drink of water," 1nsan1ty told them.

"I do too," said Crossbow and Talon in unison.

When the three went off to get water, Hal0 and BA-55 were left together. The night was quiet, but dark, since today was a New Moon. BA-55 felt a soft breeze ripple through his fur, and shivered softly. He nervously glanced at Hal0, who had turned back into Katjaa for a reason he didn't know. He decided to not ask, but follow what she'd done.

Now as Nate, he sat back down, next to where he'd played that night, which was next to a sick six foot tall drum machine. Katjaa was practicing her bass guitar skills with no amp, and Nate watched as she flung her guitar around wildly, followed by multiple head bangs. He wondered how she could do that, and be able to sing at the same time.

Suddenly, she held still. She, seeming worried, let go of her bass, and let it hang by it's guitar strap, which was tied around her neck. Nate sat up, wondering what she seemed so worried about. She looked back at him, and walked towards her guitar stand. She left her guitar there, and ran backstage.

In an emotion mixed with fear and worry, Nate stood up. All of a sudden, a gorgeous girl stepped up on stage, emitting a hot pink. She had bleached blonde hair, and green eyes, which pupils were interlaced with the same hot pink she was glowing. She wore a tight shirt with no sleeves at all, and a short skirt, and a heart necklace around her neck.

She clearly wasn't modest, but Nate was hypnotized. He smiled as he stood up, and watched her approach him. She stood in front of him with a sly smile, and crossed her arms. Nate opened his mouth to say something, but no voice came out. He realized his mouth was hanging open, and he quickly shut it. The girl circled him, bare shoulders brushing against his back, arms, and chest, checking him out.

The girl said, "Well, you're a hottie."

Nate couldn't speak. He just watched her, as she made one more rotation around him, this time, fingers with brightly painted nails brushing against his skin. She stopped in front of him, and smirked.

"Your name is?" She asked.

"N... Nate," he answered.

Backstage, Katjaa watched all of this happen. She bared her teeth into a snarl, eyes glowing green, holding herself back from dashing on stage and ripping that girl up.

The girl smiled, and said, "Mine's Angela."

Nate just grinned, eyes boring into hers. She placed her right hand on his head, and let it slide down the left side of his slender face. Nate blushed as she made it to his neck, and she held her hand there.

Nate's necklace glowed from the feelings he was having.

Katjaa snarled, this time squeezing her eyes shut in anger. 'Nate's such an idiot,' she thought. 'An immature idiot.' A small tear trickled down her cheek from having her eyes squeezed so hard.

Angela resumed sliding her hand down Nate's neck, while staring into his eyes, hypnotizing him. She stopped yet again, but this time over his chest. Katjaa grimaced from seeing this. It was disgusting how much this girl lusted Nate. 'Does she have any manners?' Katjaa growled in her mind.

The girl leaned closer to Nate's ear and whispered, "You're really toned..." That was it. Katjaa tore out from behind the stage as Hal0, and leaped in front of Angela, tearing her hand off of Nate. Nate jumped backwards, waking up from his trance. "Wha...?" He yelped, as he noticed Hal0, glowing green, on top of a different girl who he didn't recognize.

FAST FACT:

BA-55's name was based off of the song Ba55 by Switchfoot.