Chapter 2

Jade's Pov

 My parents and I are in the kitchen having supper. We are all laughing at what Daddy said. Even though my parents look happy, I can still see their uneasiness. Worry creased on their foreheads.

" Vat's vrong?" I asked them. I was four, I couldn't pronounce 'w' properly. But my parents still understood what I said.

They said nothing and stared at me with the expression I know all too well.

Love.

My parents love me, I knew that. They say that to me every single day.

" Jade, I want to tell you something." Mummy said. Uh-oh.. I have a feeling it's not a good thing. The look my parents shared confirmed that.

I stared at them and tilt my head in confusion. Have I done something wrong? I have eaten my veggies and kept my toys. What have I done wrong?

" Jade. You are smarter for you age. When mummy and I are gone, you have to take care of yourself." Daddy said.

"Huh? vhy? are you leaving me her alone? Please take me vith you! I don't vant to be alone!" Right now I'm sobbing. Mummy and daddy came and hugged me.

" We love you Jade. Forever and always." Mummy and daddy said.

"But-" aloud crash from the living room cut me off. Mummy and daddy quickly pushed me into a kitchen cabinet. The door weren't closed properly though, they managed to hide me before a bulky man came into the kitchen.

His are are tattooed and he has a scar on his right eye. He is holding a gun pointed to my parents.

I put my palm to my mouth to stop myself from gasping. And I tried to calm my breathing so that bulky man could not hear me.

Then, another 5 more guys came into the kitchen and held my parents in place. Mummy and daddy had taken down the bulky man, he is on the floor with blood gushing out from his head. 

The sight horrified me.

My parents were helpless, they have to weapons on their bodies to fight back.

A bald man walk towards my parents. By looking at him I know he is dangerous. Like the bulky man, he has tattoos all over his arms. A scar on his right arm, from his shoulder to his wrist.

He held up a knife on mummy's throat and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming and barging out of the cabinet. My parents wanted me to live, they saved me.

The bald man slit mummy's throat and she fell limp to the floor.But the bald man didn't stop. He stabbed mummy in the heart, stomach and legs. 

Silent tears flow down from my eyes to my cheeks. How could they do this? Why are they so cruel?

" This will teach you not to mess you us." The bald man said. His voice chilled my spine. You could hear the venom and hatred in his voice. The other men laughed at what he said. 

This is cruel. This is beyond cruel.

My body shook violently and my lip bleed from biting on it too hard. But this is nothing compared to the scene in front of me.

Mummy is dead. 

It's a dream. I thought to myself. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping that I'll wake up, then everything is fine.  Mummy is not dead and daddy is not going to die.