Part 6: AllonsyRapunzel-Jamie-Four-Eight

This is an interesting story that I had lots of fun writing! I will use R, the short form of AllonsyRapunzel, in this story, as AllonsyRapunzel is too long to use on a daily basis... Hope no one gets confused. Prepare yourselves, cover your heads, hide under your blankets and keep your eyes wiiiiide open, because here comes Jamie McCrimmon!!

"...and that concludes my 14th entry in my video diary, completed on..." I turned to the Doctor, who is sitting on his soft, plush red armchair, reading a book. "What time is it?" He turns his head to one of the clocks around his chair and said, "Just past noon on May 37, 3066. Wonderful year." He turned back to his novel, titled The Time Machine

"Right, May 37, 3066. Have a wonderful day!" I closed the lid of my video camera, sighed, took off my headphones, and smiled fondly at the Doctor, who was engrossed in his book. It was always kind of disconcerting, knowing that the 3000s have 60 days in a month. In fact, 3000s time pretty much revolves around the number 6. Sixty days in a month, six months in a year, sixteen hours in a day, the whole works. Complicated, but... oh well.

"You'll be an excellent journalist, R..." he said idly as he flipped pages, knowing what I wanted to do when I grew up. I gave him a wide grin.

The TARDIS viewing screen blipped. The Doctor jumped up and hurried to it, frowning. He flipped a lever, and a 'loading' sign came up on it.

"Interesting. We seem to have received a message from a nearby time and place, asking for help. Well, let's see who it is," he said, brushing his curly brown shoulder-length hair from his face and gazing intently at the screen.

The picture on the viewer was fuzzy at first, but soon it resolved into a sharp, noiseless black-and-white image in which a boy stood. He squinted at the screen, unsure at first, then smiled in relief and waved a man over to stand next to him. This one tinkered with some controls and the picture clicked sharply into colour and full sound. 

The first man, the younger one, wore a kilt-which I didn't recognize right off and I thought it was a dress-which was red and green and a brown leather strap across his chest. The hugely tall man next to him had around his neck the most brilliantly coloured long scarf I had ever seen. He had a brown hat plopped askew on his head of fluffy brown hair.

"Hello there, I'm the Doctor and this here is Jamie! We're in a bit of a pickle here, so if you can call over your resident Time Lord, that would be excellent. Unless that's you, of course. Yes... That would be lovely. Thank you very much..."

"That's me," said a very confused Doctor standing next to me. "But... If you're the Doctor..."

The poor Doctor had had a very strange case of memory loss. He could remember basic Time Lord functions like flying the TARDIS, but he could recall little of his own past. This was clearly a past version of himself, or the other Doctor would know who my Doctor was. But what if Doctor never got his memory back? OK, I'm making my head hurt. Back to business.

"...then you're a future version of me!" the Doctor on the viewer was exclaiming.

"But I don't remember you..." whispered my Doctor, frowning.

"Doctor, you've forgotten a lot of things, maybe you've just forgotten this," I told him, patting him on the shoulder. He nodded absently.

"You've lost your memory? But do you remember Polly? Victoria? Zoe? ...Susan?" the other Doctor said, eyes wide and sad.

"...No. I'm sorry," my Doctor mumbled. He looked down, a tear leaking from his eye.

"Doctor- and other Doctor. We sent this video for a reason, ri'ht?" asked the boy-Jamie, I remembered-in a Scottish accent. "We have a bit o' a problem over here wi' some aliens, an'd we were wondr'in if you could help?"

"Yesyesyesyesyes, thank you so much, Jamie. You're such a help sometimes. Yes yes yes..." the scarf Doctor said in a singsonging voice, thinking. "Yes, we had some trouble with a particular species of alien called the Tempistr. They have the ability to pause time for short periods. They are normally peaceful, but Jamie here had a family member that he cares about a good deal taken by a renegade group for ransom. We were wondering if you could help?"

"Well-well, yes, of course! Of course..." my Doctor trailed off, thoughts clearly far away. I sighed and tapped him on the shoulder, causing him to start and he began to move quickly around the TARDIS. I leaned next to the viewer, watching Jamie-as, of course, the other Doctor had gone to activate his TARDIS-stare off into the distance distractedly. I wondered which family member had been taken. The poor boy looked a little lost. 

The TARDIS began to shake as we took off. Soon, the vibrating stopped, and we stepped out, meeting the other Doctor and Jamie, who I liked already. We all went into the other Doctor's TARDIS, ready to save the world again-this time with twice as much coolness. I grinned at Jamie, who returned my smile, and we all flew off together.

This chapter is dedicated to @AllonsyRapunzel. Have a magnifizing day!