Don't Go Out at Midnight

When I was a young kid, my mother always told me to be careful out on the streets late at night. There could be kidnappers, murderers, and other dreadful things. Of course, I always acknowledged her in these warnings and I always came home right on time. That was years ago, back when I was a kid, and I'm currently on my own right now. Even though I'm not with my mother anymore, her warnings always stayed in my mind.

                     This one night, I was walking home when I heard noises coming from the bushes. Me, being a bit anxious, thought of my mother's warnings. However, I dismissed it as just some animal, and I continued walking. Further down the street, I heard the same scratching noises just right behind me. I immediately turned around to find scratch marks carved into a tree next to me. I analyzed the scratch marks but no animal could make those scratch marks, at least not any animal around here. Once again, I walked down the street, but I increased my pace. I finally made it to my house, opened the door, and went inside. That night, I couldn't sleep as well as I should've but I least I got something out of it.

                      The next morning, I awoke to the sound of the beeping alarm clock. Exhausted from the hours of work I put in, I hardly made it to my kitchen to make breakfast. While I was eating, I noticed a article about a man found dead last night. He was found at 12:01 a.m, just one minute after midnight. I thought about it for a minute, who could've killed that man? I looked at my watch, it was 7:05 a.m. I better hurry before I'm late for work.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Sorry for being gone for so long, I had a lot on my plate. I need a few more days before I can publish again, so please be patient. See you later! (Also, there will be another part to this story.)

                                                                                                                                     -Shadow Navy