Chapter 43

Here's the next chapter! :D I hope you guys like it! :D Please vote and comment! :D Please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting so I can dedicate the chapters to you! :D Picture of Luna on the side. :)

Chapter 43

                 “What do you mean?” Luna asked, keeping her voice as calm as possible.

                Inwardly, she was very afraid about what was about to happen next. If King Ganymede knew that much about her, it was very probably that he knew about her mission. Besides that, he would probably know all about her powers and all the secrets that she was hiding from them. And her diviner powers could not tell her so much information if he was not planning to tell her how he knew all about her in the near future.

                The king studied Luna with his intelligent silver eyes. She stood as still and tall as possible, trying not to show her fear at being scrutinized to closely.

                “I think you know,” he replied. “You know that you are a Moon Child, the first Meteorite to come here in many years.”

                “Meteorite?” Luna asked, automatically; she wanted to test the king to see if he would know that she knew his answer.

                “Answer your question yourself,” King Ganymede told her.

                Luna studied him for a minute. She nodded in satisfaction; he knew her diviner powers quite well. It was almost creepy for someone to know so much about her. She knew theoretically that magicians with telepathic powers would be able to do that, but apart from Helen, she didn’t know any telepaths. So in her whole life, Luna didn’t know anyone who knew answers like she did and tested her the way that King Ganymede was testing her now.

                “A Meteorite is a child of the Moon and a mortal man,” Luna said.

                “In your case, a magician,” corrected the king.

                “Are you the only one who knows that?” Luna asked. “Or does everyone including those guards who brought me in know.”

                The king frowned at her. “Answer your own question,” he told her.

                Luna knew the answer only because every time he told her to answer herself, he was about to answer the question himself. He was testing her abilities and their limitations, but Luna herself would only know the answer if he was about to tell her.

                “You’re the only one who knows,” she said. “But why did you say that I’m like you? You aren’t a magician, are you?”

                King Ganymede shook his head. “No, I’m not a magician. But I do have similar powers that you have. You can predict the near and distant future,” he said.

                Luna frowned. “I always that that it was the same gift from my heritage of being a magician,” she said.

                “No,” the king said. “Some Moon Children have the ability to see into the distant future. I am one of them, like you. That’s how I know all about you; how I know that you are a magician and that you are a clairvoyant.”

                “A clairvoyant?” Luna repeated.

                The king raised an eyebrow at her but Luna shook her head this time. He had been too intent on getting her to answer his question herself that he hadn’t been about to answer it for her.