Chapter 4 dreams skewed

When we got to the large door, I had imagined it to be smaller. Surely, that we we’re going underground. Yet the door was at least a few meters taller than an ogre. And that was not a good sign. I prayed to my deity Torag. Protect us please.

The door opened and I walked in. I motioned Jack and Sixela to follow, and I applied one of my few spells; summon light. A grimacing low light appeared in my palm. I closed my eyes. The second spell I could use; Detect evil. I opened my eyes, and four outlines appeared in front of us. “Oh great guys. We’ve got company.” I detected a wooden chandelier above us, and willed the light to fly for it. The room was lit up, and I saw four large shapes. Demons. I drew my golden battleaxe, which I named Smite. I ran towards the first target, whose back was turned to me. I jumped and used all the power in my forearms to lop his head off. The decapitated cranium rolled into a dark corner, and the body sank to the ground, a pool of blood forming around the exposed carotid artery; the largest artery in the neck. I gathered some of the red, sticky blood on my fingers, and I smelled the gore. “His brethren are coming. His brethren are coming. His brethren are coming.” I realized something. This was my dream

Jason had exterminated one of them. We were nigh dead. He prophesied four; now it was three against three. I helped Jason up. “Sixela! Aim your bow to the right a few notches!” he said. She followed his command, and shot. The form didn’t die. Jason closed his eyes, and the light in the room grew brighter. She could now see the threat.

One of the demons approached the body. “Tim’s dead.”

I looked at Jason, and sure enough, he was having a silent giggle fit. His face seemed to say, they named a demon Tim?

We couldn’t escape the oncoming threat. I looked down to my pale hands. I drew my Stygian iron sword. He had gotten it from a salesman whom he had never seen before that day; and hasn’t seen him since. The man seemed to vanish, but he promised the sword would give him unnatural power.

I charged the nearest demon, and before he could realize what was happening, his heart was punctured by my blade, causing him to stagger and trip over his brother, and didn’t move again. Tim’s corpse was covered in his own brother’s blood.

“Jason!” I yelled. But he already understood before I yelled his name. I swear he’s telepathic. I thought to myself, seeing as Jason picked up his two sided battle-axe, and in one fluid motion, swung in a circle around him. The demon screamed in agony, seeing as his abdomen was cleaved in two. Blood and chunks of organs dropped out of the wound, and the demon clutched it, desperately trying to stop the flow of blood. Sixela shot an arrow from behind me and hit the demon in the eye. I pounced on the beast, and sliced downward on his sword arm’s shoulder. He wailed out in pain, staggered up against a limestone pillar, and was shot by Sixela through the brain, and impaled to the marble pillar. He screamed no more.

One still lingered. He thundered. “My brothers!” He fell to the earth next to his comrades, and wept. I raised my sword over his neck and awaited Jason’s command. He shook his head. I glared at him and slashed down, cleaving his skull in half. Blood poured from the wound, my sword drinking the demons blood. energy swept into me.

" NO! You should not have done that. They send by blood for each other's help" Jason yelled at me.

"Look. No blood." I said with a smile.