Face to Face with Jesus

My Grandpa came face to face with Jesus. I knew that it was possible for Him to take apon forms of ordinary people. I had always believed that this had to happen to people who called out to God. No. This was special. Jesus just came at the right place, just at the right time. Even if my Grandpa didn't need help. He came because he cared. He cares. For each and everyone of us.

   Just a few weeks ago my Grandpa fell and broke a bone in his arm. My family and I went to visit him in the hospital, after his injury. We found his room and said hello, gave hugs. Then we sat down and began talking with my Grandpa. We talked about his injury for a while. Then we slipped off that topic and my Grandpa began telling us this story. A story of how he met Jesus.

   My Grandpa just came from a public event. He was on his scooter (the little chairs that move on wheels) and he was making his way to his car. Whenever he is done using his scooter, he always folds it up and puts it in the trunk. It's a lot of work. And it's heavy too. Anyway, he began to disassemble the parts of his scooter and as he was doing this, he fell in his trunk (because the weight of his scooter).

   So there he was, on the side of the road/parking lot (I don't know which) with half of his body "in" the trunk. Then, a truck came to a halt a few yards down. The driver hopped out of the car and hurriedly ran towards my Grandpa.

    He helped him up and questioned," Do you need any help sir?" My Grandpa nodded and they both carefully packed his stuff away in the car. They continued a light conversation to one another as they were finishing up. Then my Grandpa thanked the man. Once again they started another conversation.

   Then the man asked my Grandpa if he would like to pray with him. My Grandpa nodded. They bowed their heads and folded their hands. The man prayed to God, asking for protection for my Grandpa. He also asked if he would bless him. He said a few more words of praise and then they finished their prayer. They shook hands and both said their goodbyes.

   The man began to walk away, back to his big truck. My Grandpa slowly walked back to his car. He kept thinking about the man, the great act of kindness he just preformed. My Grandpa turned around to say something to the man, but he and his truck were gone. In just a few seconds, the man and the truck had disappeared.

   I keep thinking about what an impact this story has had on me ever since I heard it. This was a miracle. I'm sure my Grandpa could have gotten out of his trunk eventually, but just to think that my Grandpa got to meet Him, through even a small need of help. He was there. What an amazing experience!