Last Ride

He stepped off the plane and begun heading down the long corridor. That was the last plane. This was the last long corridor.
Exhausted fro the lengthy flight over the Atlantic, he purchased a highly caffeinated beverage at some café called Beanz. He didn't stress over the calorie or sugar amount in it. It is probable that this was the last highly caffeinated beverage he would receive. It was just a local airport coffee shop, but the beverage exceeded his expectations.
As he though about how strongly he abhorred the purposeful misspelling of words, he stuffed his bag into the trunk of the taxi cab. He didn't bring much, only an extra day's worth of clothing. He wasn't staying long. There was no toothbrush or comb in his bag. There was no need to stress over the work and effort of maintaining personal hygiene. It wouldn't have mattered anyway.
Upon arrival at the Ritz Carlton, he caught the eye of a handsome man. He could almost sense a discreet wink, but it wasn't conspicuous enough to make an accurate verdict. He thought of how he was going to miss handsome men and discreet winks.
He decided the Ritz would be a fitting choice for his hotel. It costed a large sum of money, but he wouldn't need money anymore. Why not spend it while you can?
He got settled into his room. He had picked out the Couple's Romance Hideaway suite for the night even though he was the only one there. The suite was meant for fucking your significant other and he knew that. It was the largest and fanciest room, though, and he wanted the best of the best for his last night.
The events of The Last Night where the following: he raided the liquor selection, but not until he was drunk. He laid out his most expensive suit for the next day, which included his finest silk tie. He polished his shoes. He showered, savory each drop of water as they crashed into his skin. He undressed and climbed into bed. He felt the silk sheets surrounding and encompassing his naked anatomy.
He was in a state of devine serenity. Peace was all that he knew. He became one with the air, seeming to float up and dissolve into microscopic molecules.
Sleep came quickly. Too quickly. Too quickly to remember what it was like to sink into slumber. Too quickly to engrave that moment into his mind.

He woke up early. 9 AM to be exact. He dressed in his suit and fastened his tie. He slipped his broad feet into his freshly-polished shoes. He tried to wipe his mind from thoughts. He tried to return to that peaceful state of mind. He couldn't do it.
London was one of the few cities he's never been to. It fascinated him. All the bridges. All the opportunities. Opportunities for suicide. But he knew what his plan was. He refrained.
The Euthanasia Coaster. Right in front of him. Death had never been more tangible. Here is where it all ends, he thought. Here is where everything stops.
Tickets where free. The Euthanasia was probably the only roller coaster that didn't ask for money. It asked for something much more; your life. No one gets off the Euthanasia. Once you step foot on it, you're finished. It's over.
He thought of his parents. How they thought he was on a trip with his college. How they wouldn't realize until the next morning that their beloved son was no more. He had wrote them letters. Long, heartfelt letters. He thought of his sister. She will receive a letter also. He loved his sister. More than anything in the world. Maybe even more than Jaxon. He wished he could take his sister with him. She had so much potential, though, and so much to loose. He did not. Death would be a vacation. A stress-free resolution to his problems. Death would be his final escape.
He boarded the cart that would lead him to his death. It was shabby. Too shabby for his taste. But he'd take anything right now. He was so close to freedom.
He was joined by another man. They ignored each other. The cart started up the track. It chugged up the steep incline. He closed his eyes. When it finally reached the top, he let go. The cart seemed to fall down the track endlessly. It was the worst sensation, but also the best. It felt as though there the ground beneath him caved in. There was a vicious monster trapped in his chest, clawing it's way up through his mouth to escape. Falling and falling and falling. There was no sense of time. No sense of direction. No sense of dimension. You were stuck between times. There was no escape from the eternal falling. It was though he was drowning in air. He loved this feeling, but hated it at the same time. He loved roller coasters. That's why he chose to commit suicide by roller coaster. The cart flew downward. He let go. He reached the state of equilibrium he was in the other night. He was almost free.
He had studied the architecture of the coaster for months. He knew the major hill and drop at the beginning and then the seven, smaller loops toward the end. The loops look like the harmless part, but in reality, they were the deadliest part. The amount of g-force applied is too much for the body to sustain. The seven loops would inflict 10g on the passengers for a whole minute, causing them to pass out. Basically, the coaster would be traveling so fast, it would knock you out. The real object of the seven loops, though, is to deprive the brain of oxygen, which kills you swiftly and painlessly. It kills you through a process known as cerebral hypoxia, which is virtually a death sentence unless there was a medical team ready at hand. Which, of course, there wouldn't be, seeing as the whole point of the Euthanasia was death.
The rickety cart finally reached the bottom where it sped at immeasurable speeds. He opened his eyes right in time to see the first loop ahead. He thinks. For the first time in days, he thinks. He thinks about his family. His adored sister. His amazing boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. Jaxon broke up with him too recently. Jaxon would always be there for him, though. Jaxon told him that he wasn't gay after all; he was straight. Jaxon said to him that he would still love him, but not the same way. To him, that meant they were over. That everything was over. Even if it wasn't, there was nothing he could do now.
His cart raced up the side of the first loop. The man behind him had jumped out of the cart; the falling of the first slope was too excruciating. He thought of what he could be doing now, instead of on his way to death. He could be in the arms of Jaxon. Of his sister. He didn't want to die, he realized.
"I don't want this! I don't want to die! I want to get out! Jaxon?!!" He screamed. But it was too late. His vision started to black out. The other think that connected his mind to his body was his deafening screams: "Let me out! Let me out!"
He was knocked unconscious. Never to be held by Jaxon again. Never to stroke his artificially purple locks. Never to stare into his deep blue eyes. Never to breathe another breath again.