Alpha and Omega

He shoots up out of his bed. What was that? I was being chased by...No, I was running to...wait...Agh! I can't remember. He takes a second to look around the room.

Alright, it, it was just a dream. I just need to calm down. He takes a deep breath in...and breathes out slowly. Looking through the window, he notices: it's still dark. And cold. What time is it? He glances over at the alarm clock next to the bed. 3:27. Great. Less than three hours.

He throws his head back onto the pillow, staring up at the ceiling. Okay, so what happened? I know I was dreaming, but...I can't remember. That's probably a good thing though. That was a bad dream. Really bad. I haven't had such a scare since Veronica- A sharp silence. No. I can't think about 'that' anymore.

Moving on. It's fine. Just a dream. Nothing to worry about. As if I didn't have enough to worry about. It's the last day of break and I'm sitting here at - 3:31 - in the morning, scared awake by a dream. He gives himself a light slap on the forehead. I can just rest. I still have time before all of that chaos. Yeah.

Rolling back over and pulling up the blankets, he tries to ward off the strange summer coldness. The clock clicks 3:33 as he drifts off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's when it all started. The first night I had that dream, that nightmare. But it wasn't a nightmare. It wasn't a dream, it's real, it's going to happen, it's, it's...a vision! A vision, the future, that's what it is. It's real and it'll happen.

I'm going to die. The dream showed me it. Tomorrow. That's when it's going to happen. I don't know when, but I saw the date. Every night that nightmare has gotten clearer and clearer. And yesterday...I just know. It's over. I don't want to sleep tonight. I don't want to think about it.

Lightning cracks across the sky outside of his window. He doesn't move. There was a storm going on outside. It was strange. The whole week had been clear. No clouds at all. And then that storm rolled in. Last day of the school year. Almost as if it were a sign of the terrible things to come. His thoughts return from the loud bang of thunder that distracted him.

I won't sleep. This is my last night, I'm not letting myself be haunted by those horrible visions again. I don't need sleep anyways. It's my last night. It's going to be a while. Maybe I could find something to do. Something to pass the time. Maybe something to respect my final hours. I could read a book...but I don't have any.

I could write something maybe. Maybe a recount of what all has happened. Something whoever finds out could use to figure out what happened. Yeah. I mean, my parents at the least would have to know. I couldn't keep that from them. As much as I hate it and don't want them to know, I couldn't keep that from them.

And who knows. Maybe some others like me will find it. I can just leave a special note for my family and everyone else at the end. That'll be good. That's what I'll do. I have to. I just hope nothing happens to me before I finish.

His mind was set. He knew how he was going to spend his last few waking hours.