Something's Wrong

Guys! I am soooooo sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've been super busy with school work with the first quarter ending soon and it's just kind of been a mess. Thank you so so so much for being patient with me. I do want to be able to write something at least once a week with this book, so I'm trying to schedule stuff out as best as I can. I did have a chance to write something for this book after so long and with the help of some people giving suggestions, so here it is. I'm sorry it's super short, but I really wanted to get something up.

After looking around Paris for a few minutes, I finally got the idea to check my Lady's favorite place to go; the Eiffel Tower. The way it lights up at night is absolutely beautiful. It makes a nice place to think. Talking from experience, I've done that many times. Using my baton, I climbed up the beautiful iron tower to the viewing platform above. With the tower being closed and it being night time now, no people were around. Not that anyone would care. This is one of my Lady and I's many patrol outlooks. I thought about how peaceful the Paris skyline looked and how calm the city was at night. The calm wind drifting across the sky, bringing the scents of restaurants and perfume from stores.

Getting lost in thought, I didn't realize that I had made it to the top of the tower. Looking around the platform, I looked for the familiar red color that I was used to seeing here, yet I didn't see it. Instead, looking around brought me to a color I didn't expect here; pink. I looked up to see Marinette leaning against the railing, her elbows on the rail and her head resting on her palms, her eyes closed and a smile on her face. Her hair seemed to hug her face as it blew loosely around her head. She seemed calm, yet I could sense a bit of discomfort in her. She seemed to be tired, almost drowsy, and her body looked as though it was swaying slightly. Her elbow slipped and she began to lean forward, waking her up but not balancing her again.

"Marinette!" I yelled as I ran over and grabbed her, pulling her back from the railing. "Hey, you okay?" I looked at her with concern. She slowly nodded and I could tell her eyes were having a hard time staying open. Nevertheless, I hugged her as tightly as I thought possible.

"Don't do that ever again. What would've happened if I didn't find you?" I didn't realize the tears brimming on my eyes. Marinette saw this.

"I'm sorry..." She said in a whisper, trying to keep her eyes open long enough to look at me.

"It's okay, just don't do it again, okay?" 

She nodded weakly in response.

"I can't lose you. I just can't..." I hugged her again. "...w-what?" Marinette asked as she processed what I had said, looking up at me with her eyes slightly opened wider than before.

"I'll tell you about it later. Don't worry about it now, okay?"

"Okay..." She hugged back, but it was more weak, which worried me, not to mention how pale she was.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" I asked her, but got no response. I looked down at her, realizing she had fallen asleep in my arms. I smiled slightly, sighed, and stood up carrying her bridal style.

"Mari... I hope you're okay. Let's get you home." I said to her as we made our descent down the tower and to her bakery.

Something's wrong, but the question is... what?

Again, super sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you think so far! See ya in the next update.