Chapter 1

"Are you gonna wake up? It's 6:00!" My mom yelled when she opened my door. Crap, I must of fell back to sleep. I'm supposed to wake up at 5:35, I am gonna be so late.

I jump out of my bed and run into the bathroom. I wash my face quickly, and as I brush my teeth I hear the news on TV in my moms room.

"Why are you watching the news? We never watch the news." I ask.

"Alice told me to watch the news, some girl is missing in Roxferry." She replied. Alice was my mom's friend from work, she lives in Roxferry. We live in the next town over, Danson.

"That's insane, this girl's father is devistated. She's 16 and she just miraculously disappeared. She was taking her dog for a walk, and she just never came back. Although, everyone finds it weird that the dog made his way back home without her. Her name was April Gaines." My mom said.

As I continued getting dressed in my room I yelled, "That's ridiculous, no one goes missing in Roxferry. I'm sure nothing serious actually happened, and for all we know she could have ran away from home." I said nonchalantly.

I went downstairs to eat my breakfast. After I took the dog out to go to the bathroom, I packed my bag, then said bye to my brothers and I was out the door.

Before I got out of the car my mom said "I'm gonna pick you up from school today okay. I don't want you walking home."

"Why?" I asked.

"I just don't want you getting kidnapped like that girl." She said seriously.

"Okay fine you can pick me up, but I think you're being a tad over dramatic." I said as I shut the door. Then I walked into the school ready to start my day.

-------------------------------------------------------
This was the first chapter. It was short and uninteresting but I promise it will get better.