Chapter 2

I was sitting with my friends Jessie and Grant at lunch and they were talking about it too. This whole missing girl thing.

"What was her name?" Grant asked.

"Wasn't it like Abby or something? Yea something like that." Jessie said.

"Her name was April Gaines." I responded right after.

"Ohhh yea. I couldn't think of it." Grant said.

"Do we really think she went missing though?" I said putting missing in air quotes.
"We live in the safest area of Massachusetts, and to be honest she probably just ran away from home."

"I don't know but the police should put out an amber alert for her just incase someone really took her." Jessie said concerned.

As I finished my lunch, the bell rang. Jessie and I had photography, so we were gonna walk together.

"I have History, see you guys later." Grant said as he walked the opposite direction.

Jessie and I were walking the halls when I saw Jared. He was walking with his friends. He was also in our photography class except he was a junior who I don't think even noticed me. We sat down at our table and I put my bag down.

"Reese you like him." Jessie giggled quietly.

"What who?" I asked but I could feel my face getting warm. She knew that I knew who she was talking about.

"You like Jared." She whispered to me.

"Oh my god stop. Just cuz I look at someone doesn't mean I like them."

"You don't just look, you intently stare at him every time we have this class Reese." She said.

"Well I kind of like him but it doesn't really matter, he doesn't know who I am." I laughed.

She got up and grabbed our folders. Then we each grabbed a camera to finish up the project we had been working on.

After we got back to the class from taking pictures outside, I noticed Ms. Scorch had given Jared papers to pass out.

I kept doing my work but I could not help wonder if he would know who I was by the name one my paper. He seemed to know everyone so far. Well, except one girl but that because she doesn't speak.

A few minutes passed until I saw him coming to my table. He grabbed a paper and put it down in front of me. It actually said the right name. I was smiling from ear to ear.

"Why are you smiling?" Jessie asked.

"Cuz he was passing out papers, and he gave me mine. That means he know my name Jessie!" I said smiling.

"Wow, such a big step." She said sarcastically as we finished up our work.