Chapter 3

It was the end of the day and I was gonna start walking home when I remembered my mom was gonna pick me up.

I was waiting in on a bench waiting for her to pull up when Jared walked by. I looked up because I noticed his sneakers. Then we made a quick awkward eye contact.

"Hey" he said and kept walking.

"Hey" I said back with a slight grin.

Oh my God so that just happened. And then I thought to myself, it's amazing the small things people can do to make my day.

My mom pulled up and I could not stop smiling. I was trying to stop because I knew she would ask me.

I closed the car door. "Why are you so happy?" She asked.

"No reason." I just sat there smiling, staring straight ahead.

When I got home I did my homework, so I could be finished and enjoy the rest of my day.

----------------------------the next morning------

"Reese I don't have time to drive you to school this morning, and I don't want you to have to walk... but I might need you to." My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Mom it's fine I can walk to school." I said.

"She is scared you're gonna get kidnapped like that girl." My brother said as I came downstairs.

"Oh my God are we still on that."

"I need you to be really careful. Did you know police still haven't found her?" My mom said in a frightened tone.

"Okay well if I get kidnapped they won't want me anyways. Out of all people no one wants me."

I grabbed my lunch and walked out the door. "Adios Amigos." I said.

When I got to school I found Grant before the bell rang.

"Where's Jessie?" I asked him.

"What do you mean where is she? How should I know, I thought she was with you?" He said confused.

I took out my phone and texted her. It's weird that she was not in school because she was always here on time. Just after I sent that, the bell rang.

"Looks like she's sick. She'll let us know, see you later." Grant said as he walked the opposite way.

When I got to my class my teacher was taking attendance.

"Jessie Forbes." Mrs. Benson called out. No answer. She didn't answer my message yet either.

"Reese do you know where Jessie is?" She asked me.

"Haven't seen her all morning." I said. That's so weird that she never told anyone she was not going to be here. It is not like her at all