Chapter 1

The first time I saw Tadashi, I was stunned.

He was covered in dirt, messy, and he removed his cap.

Grace, aka Honey Lemon, brought me to her college. It was a Tuesday, and I was supposed to go to my guitar lesson. I remember I was mad at her for dragging me by force out of the house. My cousin used to leave me at home, because her mom, aunt Cecilia, stayed.
That day, I had no choice.

We arrived at her college at half past 3. We walked through the building, and we arrived to a vaste room. There were thousands of inventions out there, along with Grace's.

"Honey Lemon!" shouted somebody when we entered.

I turned my head to see who was the one calling my cousin with such a ridiculous nickname. It was a mascott. A lezard mascott.
What the heck was doing a giant lezard mascott in a science college?

"Oh hi Fred! How are you?" asked Grace.

I raised an eyebrow. The mascott guy removed his head and I could see his face.
He was white skinned, had a long face, brown eyes and shoulder lenght hair. He smiled.

"I'm doing great." He looked at me. "Who is she?"

"An extra wondering around." I answered with sarcasm.

"Just..." Grace sighed and put me behind her. "Her name's Hadley. She's my sweet but annoying cousin."

"Glad to hear that." I mumbled.

"She's a funny one." Fred laughed. "Come, I'll present you the others."

I was about to answer that I was actually busy, but Grace cut in.

"She'd love to!" she pushed me towards weirdo.

I shot her a death glare, but I followed that weird guy.

"So, of what I heard, you're a sarcastic girl." he smiled at me while passing by some students.

I shrugged. Didn't want to talk.

"You're not really of a talkative girl aren't ya?"

"Let's say that my mouth wants to speak when I'm not bothered about something." I muttered.

The guy laughed and walked towards a well built, tanned skinned boy.

"Wasabi!" weirdo called.

"Wasabi?" I echoed, at the same time as Wasabi said:

"Hey Fred!"

They made a High-5 and Fred slowly pushed me towards Wasabi.

"This is Hadley, Grace's cousin. She's visiting." he introduced me.

"Hey, ya!" Wasabi winked at me.

"Hi..." I smiled.

A girl with short black hair came and yelled at that nice guy.

"WASABI! How many times have I got to tell you not come and take my manual!"

I raised again my eyebrow and watched the scene.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Take it and stop assaulting me!" Wasabi apologised

I smirked and crossed my arms on my chest.

Another guy opened a door behind Wasabi and shouted:

"Would you mind letting some nerds work???" His dark hair was a mess and his face was dirty.

He scanned the whole place with anger. I saw his angry face loosen when his eyes stopped on me.

"Seems like there's a new girl." he smiled.

"Just visiting. Because of Grace." I reminded.

"Grace? You mean Honey Lemon?" the guy asked.

"What is it with that stupid nickname??" I sighed. "It's humiliating. I feel bad for her."

Everyone laughed.

"We all have nicknames. Not fun to call ourselves with our real names." the short hairred girl smirked.

"Ridiculous nicknames I may say." I corrected.

She laughed in delight.

"Go go." she introduced herself, giving me her hand to shake.

I took it with a corner smile.

"Good to know." I looked at the messy guy. "Tell me, do you have a weird nickname too?"

"No." he laughed. "I'm Tadashi. Robotic prodigy."

He smiled to me and I smiled to.

"Happy to know that someone loves robotics like me." I said.