Selena

- Selena's POV -

I open my eyes and listen to the birds singing little melodies. I can almost recognize which melody is from which bird, but Rick is snoring. I whistle a little melody and a Robin strikes down on my bed. I take her in my hands. She flies away when someone knocks on my door.

"Selena?" It's mother. My father left us a few months ago for business he said. My mother was depestated but the last few days she seems awfully happy. Like she already forgot that father ever excisted. She could have been compelled, but I don't know who would do that. Except for Rick I don't know any vampires, but Rick promised me not to compell her. I stress out because I realize that Rick is in my bed and my mother can come in my room any minute. Mother would never approve this. I poke Rick and roll him of my bed. He wakes up and looks annoyed at me with a sleepy head. He's about to say something but I put my fingers on his lips. I point at the door and Rick nodds his head saying he understands.

"Selena?"

"Wait a moment mother!" I help Rick up and open the window.

"Go home" I whisper

He kisses me on my lips.

"I love you" he says.

"I love you too."

Just as Rick is out of sight my mother walks into my room.

"Mom! Don't walk into my room without asking!" I say irritated.

"Well miss, I asked you and you know that! I have something important to talk with you about." I sigh. She probably just wants to force me to wear a dress to the founders ball.

yes, she lives in mystic falls. I forgot to tell :3

I'm not going to wear a dress. Not in any circumstance.

"Mom, I told you I'm not going to wear a dress!"

She looks at me with a confused face.

"How do you mean? That's not what I wanted to talk about. I would never force you to wear a dress, sweetie."

Yeah right. So what about two weeks of torture where she asked me everyday if I changed my mind and everytime I told her I didn't, which was always, she would tell me that I'm a woman and that I should behave me like a woman, with a dress. I shake my head.

"What is it what you wanted to talk about mother?"

"As you know there is a founders ball in a week -"

"Mom! This is about the dress!"

"No, wait. It isn't. As I just told you the founders ball is in a week. This means that all the founder family's meet. Including all supernatural founders."

I look at her like I don't know what she's talking about.

"Supernatural? Mother there are no such things as sup-"

"Oh Selena come on, I know Rick is a vampire. I knew it from the beginning and I know you're a witch too. You can't keep such a secret from me."

I look at her with a confused face, a real one this time. I freeze and don't know what to do.

"I know everything Selena. I know about your sleepovers, I know that you stole you great-grandmothers grimwoire and I know a lot more. You need to stop lying."

"How do you define lying?" I can't help not being serious, that's what I do when I get nervous, which I am right now. Like seriously nervous.

"Not telling the truth Selena, do you suggest an other meaning?"

"Well I define lying as laying your body in a horizontal position."

My mother gives me an angry look suggesting I should stop talking.

As she wants to start talking the door bell rings. I sigh relieved. Lituarly saved by the bell.

"We're not finished talking Selena." when she finally walked out of my room I hear someone knocking on my window. I turn around quickly and discover that Rick is waiting for me to open the window. I open the window with a simple handgesture. "What happened Selena?" Rick says worried.

"Why do you think something happened?" I say. I want to prefend him from getting afraid or anxious.

"Selena I know you. I can see when something is wrong." Rick looks worried at me. I can't keep this from him I decide.

"She knows."

----------------

This is just a chapter with Selena only. Next chapter I will write about Selena's history. Rick is someone you could know only with another name. Do you guys know who Rick really is?

Hope you liked this chapter! Please vote and comment.

xx Jannine